chapter 3

A month passed and Eric had spent every waking moment training . It wasn't actually that bad though because all the exercise I was doing I got stronger . Eric has even started saying I look like a good . And that's only because I've now gained some muscles . I suppose you could say I'm quite good looking though .

Honestly I have been getting a lot of attention from  nearly all the girls I walk past . Today was mine and Eric's last day of training before we get told if we can officially become part of the military . Eric seemed terrified whereas I was slightly nervous but also excited .

" Right, listen up, troops , tomorrow I want you all up early , because you won't know who's failed until the end of the day , so you will need the extra time to pack your bags " Most of us gasped at what he said . I could've sworn I even heard Eric squeak in shock . The captain gave us time to react before continuing " and even if you do pass you'll be moving rooms " .

Time skip : later that day

Eric hadn't stopped talking ever since we got back from our training . Before we finished our training today the captain told us about the different jobs we could get if we pass the test . He even gave us sheets of paper that explained them .

I wanted to be in the group Which goes and fights in the war . But I didn't really mind which one I get put in . My friend said he doesn't mind as long as he's doing something important . So that he can become popular throughout the capital . Yet he already kinda was but not for the reasons he wanted to .

Pretty much everyone always tried to avoid him . But yet at the same time they were always fangirling over me . We were nearly always together so my fans had to put up with him if they wanted to follow me .   

My friend was led on his stomach on his bed with his legs swinging in the air above him . While I was wandering around the room packing my stuff so I was ready for tomorrow . Eric didn't even attempt to pack his stuff . So I questioned him about it . " You should probably start packing your stuff " But all he did was nod in response . He didn't even attempt to prepare himself for the next day .

So I decided to finish what I was doing . Then I slid under the blanket and tried to go to sleep . My friend began to hum calmly as I did so . But I didn't have the energy to argue with him so I thought it would be best to ignore him .

Time skip : The next morning

Morning finally . I flickered my eyes open and looked around the room to see Eric sat on his bed . A pen hanging loosely out of his mouth as he was looking over a piece of parchment . It seemed as though he had been up the whole night .

When I sat up I looked forward to where his stuff was yesterday. I was surprised to see that he had packed it up . He must have done it while I was asleep . " Morning " After smiling quickly at my friend I got out of bed and started to get ready for the day .

Then someone started pounding their fist against the door . " Get your stuff together , " Captain Ogre boomed loudly from the other side of the door . " Yes Captain " Me and Eric chanted back .

Time skip : training

Minutes later we were lined up with the rest of the new recruits . Captain Ogre paced about in front of us . " Today you've got the last of your training , which will be only in the morning , after dinner this afternoon we will have your results " Most of us in the line seemed nervous . Even Eric did . Confidence was the only thing clear on my face because all the training we've done , I've found it pretty easy . Multiple times throughout practicing the Captain and other higher ups have complimented me .