Halloween's Special 🎃

Happy Halloween~ This chapter was based and inspired by a scene from Brother's Grimm folktale. Any guess where it came from? Ehe~

(This chapter has got nothing to do with the main plot of the book. Purely just to celebrate Halloween. Think of it as them re-enacting the folklore this chapter is based on.)
____________________

Please feel free to correct my writings and relay your frustration in the comment! :)

____________________

"Turn back, turn back, you young bride. You are in a murderer's house!"

Noi looks up and frowns when he sees a bird, being trapped inside a cage that hung on the wall of the house he was going into. Then, it cried again,

"Turn back, turn back, you young bride. You are in a murderer's house!"

"What the..." Noi continues to gaze at the fascinating bird in confusion. Then he pouts his chestnut lips in annoyance at the little animal for being told him on what to do. How dare!

No one should tell him what he can and can't do! But his beloved Balan is an exception.

So instead of following the warning from the little thing, Noi nonchalantly went into the house anyway as, after all, the house belongs to the man that he has loved wholeheartedly all his life.

It is actually the first time for Noi to come here. And to say that Noi is delighted to be invited is an understatement. It has been a long wish for him to come and be introduced to Balan's family and finally, the latter is brave enough to take another step forward in their relationship.

Without fear, the beautiful bride goes to check out one room to another, taking his time to explore the house as well as to find his groom-to-be. But oddly, it's entirely empty, not a single human soul can be found.

But it doesn't take long for him to hear a series of steps from multiple people, approaching the house.

Thinking that it must be Balan coming home and being mischievous in nature, an idea came into mind. So while giggling, Noi decides to hide behind one of the big barrels in the kitchen and be quiet as a mouse, hoping to be able to surprise his beloved Balan when the latter's arrive.

But the happy mood of his suddenly changed the moment he hears a wail from a woman accompanying the multiple steps of Balan's entourage. It piqued Noi's curiosity. So because of that, the beautiful bride decides to take a peek from the gaps of the barrel.

His pretty doe-eyes widen in horror the moment he sees Balan and another 2 young men behind the latter, dragging a woman by both hands into the house. All of them paid no attention to the woman's screams and sobs.

"Fucking loud," a man with a set of almond eyes, that glows in auburn colour mutters and glance at Balan, "Brother, why can't we just kill her and take her lifeless?"

"No na~" the other man with a set of glowing dark pink orbs replies instead, "Then the taste won't be fresh as great! We eat as soon as we kill her!"

"Tao's right, Lambert" Balan counters with his usual black eyes are now glowing in red colour. He then goes further inside the house and sits on one of the dining chairs while pointing the other end with his chiselled jaw, "So just do what we have to do,"

The other 2 nods at the order as they heartlessly throw her to one of the dining chairs. The man named Tao begins to force her to drink three glasses of full hard alcohol. One glass of white, one glass of red, and another glass of yellow.

And the drink seems to cause her heart to break, as blood starts to leak out from her mouth and choke her.

Ignoring the poor condition of the woman, the man named Lambert swiftly ripped off her fine clothes and laid her limp body on the table.

Then with his bare hands, Lambert dug and ripped off the woman's barely beating heart while she's still alive, instantly killing her with the process. The man then heartlessly pull and decapitated the woman's body into tinier pieces and pass the chunk of meat around to the others, who accept and just begins to bite and chew the raw meat. Underneath the table is already placed several buckets as they are used as containers to contain the pouring blood of the deceased.

Still sitting in the earlier position, Noi the poor and scared bride who hides behind the barrel trembled and shook as he just saw what fate he will have in the hands of the man he loved. The same man that had asked his hand in marriage and promised fidelity to him.

Balan, the man who is so sinfully handsome that often makes Noi feel insecure to be able to be loved by such a perfect man, turned out to be imperfect after all.

A cannibal. A heartless cannibal.

Then, his reverie is being broken when the barrel that he hides behind on was being hit by something. And the sudden loud thudding sound made him yelp in surprise as the barrel rolled away from him, just to be replaced by the decapitated head of the woman, looking at him with a horrifying expression.

It makes Noi yells in fright as sobs had also escaped from his chestnut lips.

"Oh? Now, look what we have?"

A familiar baritone voice suddenly can be heard, making Noi gasp as the teary doe-eyes gaze towards the dining area. And his trembling dark brown orbs immediately met with Balan's eerie glowing red orbs, as the creature that Noi knows isn't a human, smirk at him in amusement,

"Aren't you just a cute and naughty little lamb? Hiding while peeking when we're having a feast."

____________________

For those who are able to guess correctly, congratulations!

This chapter is inspired by a scene from Brother's Grimm folklore: Grimm 040: The Robber Bridegroom

Thank you for reading my work!

I sincerely hope you enjoy my writing :)

Please don't forget to vote and feel free to give me comments to help me write better :)