prologue

Victoria saw her husband's car park in the driveway. She ran as fast as she could to welcome her husband but saw him drunk and unkempt at the door.

She opened the door and said, "Babe what happened?"

Aris slapped her and said, because of your stupid doctor's appointment which couldn't wait till weekend, I lost a million dollar deal, I was suppose to seal today.

She started crying, blaming herself and apologized repeatedly.

Meanwhile Aris knew that it wasn't the reason because he was there before the other company arrived. He pushed her out of the door and stormed in looking very pissed and ready to beat her to pulp.

She was surprised because her husband has never behaved this way since they've been married.

He dropped his briefcase on the couch and removed his belt, he was about to flog her with his belt when she ran to a spare bedroom and locked the door.

He started knocking furiously and throwing insults on her, she was crying and trying to assure herself that it's because he's angry, drunk and had a bad day at work. That he would never try it again. She slept on the floor of the bedroom while weeping.

The next day she woke up by 5am to prepare breakfast for Aris . After preparing it, she went to their bedroom to wake him.

While waking him, he slapped her and slammed her head on the wall. She fell down and he started shouting at her, beating her until she became unconscious. He called her office and called in sick for her, and he prepared for work, locked her in the room and left the breakfast untouched.