chapter 6

" You're the only person that knows what you've been through each phase of your life. Things happened for a reason and everything will be good in the end"

The next day Victoria woke up early to prepare for work because she had a meeting with the CEO, board members and Royal company Ltd. She cooked, served and went to have her bath. She finished putting on her cloth, shoes and accessories and went to take her bag when her husband came out of nowhere and slapped her. He slammed her on the wall

"What was the meaning of that drama you acted yesterday".

She looked at him in a confused way
" I don't understand what you're talking about".

"Well, since you don't understand I'll explain further. You shouted at me yesterday because I did not come home for the past few days. Why did you shout at me ? "

He slapped her again and kicked her on her stomach. When he realized that he was beating and punching her, he moved back and looked at her.
" All I ask is that you love me. Why do u want me to beat you all the time. I love you okay"

" You're becoming a monster every second of the day. But I've been a faithful wife to you. I've cooked, cleaned, done your laundry, be there for you. But all you've done is hit me. Thank you and I'll see you in the evening".

Victoria went to change her dress and put her hair in a messy bun. She applied layers of makeup to cover the bruises. She had to be fast because she knew that if Amelia sees her bruises, she'll be in trouble.

"Babe get your ass out of that room or in coming to get you". Amelia shouted. She knew that something was wrong because Victoria always prepare earlier than she do.

"I'm coming let me put on my shoes and get my purse"

When they arrived at the meeting, Victoria excused herself and went to the toilet to make sure that the makeup is covering her bruises before she went into the room for the meeting. Immediately she entered, she and Amelia were shocked because they saw that man from the ice cream parlor.

"Ladies and gentlemen thank you for attending this meeting. My secretary Victoria will distribute the documents for this meeting".  Said mr Dan and she started distributing the papers after that she went to seat down while looking at him.

During the short break, the ceo called Amelia and Victoria over.
"Victoria, please can you be a darling and show this young man the restroom"

"Ok sir. Pls this way". She said while taking the man from the ice cream parlor to the restroom.

"You know you can talk to me right. By the way I'm James Kingston".

"I'm Victoria but you already know my name".

"Well, when you want to get away from all this pain, you can call me or come to my house. By the way, I'll be staying in this state for two or three months before I go back to my country. He said while touching her face. He wrote his address and gave his card to her. He looked at her in pain and saw the layers of makeup she put on.

After the meeting, Victoria sat in the room and was in thought. Am I that easy to see through, can people feel or see my pain or are they talking about something else. I love Aris, even though I'm beginning to doubt that he loves me too. I've always dreamed of having our own kids, growing old with him but I don't think that he still wants to do these things with me. She packed her bags and went outside. She saw Amelia and James chatting and decided to go and meet them.

"Babe, are you going home now".

"Yes, bye James".

Amelia took Victoria home. She was half asleep in the car

"Babe, what's wrong. You've been acting strange today".

"It's nothing. I'm just tired".

Amelia saw that she didn't want to talk about it so she left her.

" We're going for shopping tomorrow with James so be prepared. I'm coming to pick you up by 10am".

"Well I don't think that's a good idea. Besides, I have things to do tomorrow".

"I've said my own. Don't keep me waiting".

"Fine".

She opened the door and went into the house.

That's another picture of Victoria

Choose one

Pls read and comment on the book

Thanks again Scarlett1243 for the cover