chapter 8

It's Saturday morning and Victoria is still sleeping because she barely slept last night. Aris woke up to find her asleep on the couch in the sitting room.

"Victoria, why did you sleep in the sitting room when we have two spare bedroom to sleep in?"

"I was not feeling sleepy so I decided to watch a movie. Maybe I fell asleep while watching the movie".

"Are you okay?"  Victoria was bewildered. Aris has never asked about her wellbeing.

"I'm okay". She muttered quietly

She prepared breakfast and went to freshen up for her outing today. She knew that if she cancelled on them that Amelia will storm into their house and drag her to the mall. She wore a blue jeans jumpsuit and a red heel, she tied her hair in a messy bun and put on some lipgloss, she took her purse and went to the sitting room to wait for Amelia.

Thirty minutes later, Amelia banged at the door.

"I hope she did not forget that we're going to the mall today" she said in an angry tone.

Victoria opened the door for Amelia and smiled at her.

"I'm ready and Good morning ma'am". Victoria said in a cheerful tone .

"Good morning to you too. Let's go, James is waiting for us and you look ravishing". She replied while checking her out.

Victoria locked the door and walked to the car with Amelia. Immediately Victoria entered the car, James looked at her like she was he only person he saw and said

"Wow. Good morning to you beautiful".

Victoria blushed and looked at Amelia who was looking at her with a ' I told you look '.

"Why are you guys complementing me this morning like I've never dressed like this before?" Victoria said looking confused.

James chuckled and Amelia looked at her like she was a zombie " because you have never dressed like this . And you look happy today".

Victoria shrugged and looked around the car . She knew that the car was insanely expensive while James drove them to the mall " Nice car by the way".

"Thanks" . He said

They arrived at the mall and went to the designers section to buy clothes. Amelia picked any cloth she like while Victoria was looking at the price tag before she bought any cloth. James saw her looking at the price tag and stalked her to pick the clothes she like but did not take. They went to dressing room to wear the clothes they picked before paying for it. Victoria was surprised when she saw those clothes that she did not pick because of the price tag.

"Amelia did you pick any cloth for me" she shouted for Amelia to hear.

"No, Why do you ask"

"Nothing" . She muttered. She knew that she did not pick the clothes so who did?

Meanwhile James was reading the emails his personal assistant sent him when he heard the conversation between Amelia and Victoria. He chuckled and shouted

" You girls should start coming out so that I can choose the ones that looks good on you and don't leave any cloth behind".

Later, they started coming out. Victoria wore a red turtle neck dress with a cut from her knee down to her foot which hugged her curves well while Amelia wore a green floor length  gown  designed with flowers. When James saw them, his mouth was open and the girls laughed.

"You might want to close your mouth so that flies will not enter your mouth".

"You girls look beautiful".