02

I have looked at you in millions of ways and I have loved you in each

||||

Sky took a deep breath, running through the barrier between platform 9 and 10. Opening her eyes, she found herself in a place called Platform 9 3/4.

The place was packed with first years to seventh years who were bidding their families goodbye or greeting their friends after being apart for the summer. Owls were hooting, toads were croaking and cats were meowing.

A train was parked on the tracks in front of her and she loaded her trunk onto it, finding an empty compartment and flopping onto the seat, staring outside the window at the happy families that had everything they needed, yet didn't know it.

Children were wiggling out of their parent's grips, siblings promising to write to their younger brothers or sisters. She was like that once.

Sky leaned her head against the glass pane of the window, closing her eyes. 

A sharp knock made her snap her eyes open and look at the door of the compartment which had opened. A boy with messy hair and glasses stood there, three boys behind him. "Can we sit here? There isn't any space anywhere else."

"Okay." Sky shrugged, turning back to the window.

"Sky?"

The blonde turned to face Sirius Black, who looked beyond shocked to see her. "You're a witch?"

"Well, if I were a muggle then I probably wouldn't be able to be here now, would I?" 

The three boys who were with Sirius, watched the interaction in curiosity. "When did you return back from America?"

"This summer. Heard you ran away. Good for you, I guess."

Sirius suddenly looked guilty and uncomfortable. "You met Regulus?"

"I did." 

"How — um — how is he?"

Sky didn't know how to answer it. So she repeated his words. "He could be better." Sirius gulped and sat down, looking shaken up. 

"You're new here, aren't you?" The boy with glasses asked. "Haven't seen you around here."

"Yup."

"Where did you study before?" Another boy with sandy hair and scars all over his face questioned.

"Ilvermorny. We transferred back to Britain... so here I am." Sky replied in a tone that left no room for further conversation. She was about to turn back to the window but Sirius spoke again.