09

I like you to be exactly the way you are, because in all my experience, I have never known anyone like you

- Tennessee Williams

||||

"Sam's getting married this summer and Miranda wants me to be one of the bridesmaids! " Nicole happily chattered as Sky listened while sketching in her book. "I'm so excited."

"I can see that." Sky stated, brandishing her book under Nicole's nose. The brunette looked at the painting. 

"Ooh, is that Hogsmeade?" Nicole snatched it away. "Its beautiful. You're a great artist."

"Thanks." Sky smiled. Nicole turned the pages and grinned. "Is that me?"

The blonde peered at the picture. "Oh, yeah that's you. The day of the sunrise... that was a sweet thing you did for me so I drew you."

Nicole looked touched. "Can I see all of them?"

"No, no, no." She shook her head and snatched the book. "Our friendship agreement doesn't allow that."

"We have a friendship agreement?" Nicole raised her eyebrows. 

Sky nodded. "We do now."

||||

"Are you going home for Christmas?" Sky asked Regulus as they sat in the Astronomy tower. Regulus had just finished telling her about how light time works and that if the sun were to magically disappear then they wouldn't know for eight minutes.

Sky summarized that looking up at the sky basically meant that they were looking at the past and Regulus teased her for being philosophical but admitted that she was indeed, right.

"Uh, yeah. I am." Regulus nodded. "You?"

"Yeah, aunt Constance will be expecting me."

Regulus frowned at her. "Why will your aunt Constance be waiting for you?"

Sky stilled, remembering that the Black boy had no idea of the fate that had befallen her family. She didn't know how she was supposed to tell him. The blonde was sure that she would burst into tears if she was supposed to talk about it. So, she did what she was best at. Lying.

She'd lied about being fine, she'd lied about so many things in her life that she could barely make out the difference between her lies and the truth.

"We're um... we're visiting her this Christmas so... that's what I meant." Sky stuttered. Regulus looked sort of convinced.

"Are you going to be home? I haven't seen Michael in so long. Can I visit you?" Regulus asked, a hopeful glimmer in his eyes. 

Since she'd been acquainted with the Black brothers, the pair had enjoyed spending time with Sky's older brother. They were really good friends and they missed the older Greene almost as much as they had missed Sky.

"Maybe next time." Sky said. "He's — er — he's probably going to be busy with college applications and stuff."

Sky hated lying to Regulus. Mostly because he could see through her ninety-nine percent of the time. She knew he wasn't believing a word of her story but he didn't dare contradict her.

"Okay." He nodded half-heartedly. "Woah, its almost past curfew."

"Oh, well, goodnight then Reggie." Sky hopped off the railing.

"Goodnight, Starry eyes."

||||

Sky walked along the banks of the Black lake, kicking stones as she went. The water had frozen and a few students were brave enough to skate on it.

"Why aren't you ice skating?" Sky jumped and turned to face Sirius. "Oh, boo! " He held out his hands. 

"Ooh, so scary." Sky deadpanned. 

"Don't avoid my question. Why aren't you ice skating? From what I remember, you were a pro at it."

Ever since the attack on her family, Sky couldn't bring herself to enjoy all the things she once enjoyed. Ice skating was one of them but it was probably more painful than the rest of them. She had never once ice skated without her older brother.

Sirius seemed to remember that. "Too scared Michael isn't here? I'll help you, if you want."

"You?" Sky raised her eyebrows. "You suck at ice skating."

Sirius pointed a finger at her dramatically. "Watch your mouth young lady. I'm the best at everything."

Sky rolled her eyes playfully. "Sure you are, Sirius. Why don't you start ice skating and I'll join you once I find my confidence?"

After bickering for about twenty minutes Sirius finally collected enough courage to charm his shoes into skating shoes and step onto the ice, only to promptly fall on his face three seconds in.

Sky had laughed and laughed until Sirius stood up and fell backwards again. And she laughed more. About half hour later he managed to scoot his way towards the land and Sky, taking pity on him, hauled him to the hospital wing.

"You're seriously eating ice-cream?" Sirius raised his eyebrows at the blonde as he lay on the bed. "Its freezing cold."

"Don't you dare talk about my relationship with ice-cream. Its for all seasons, no matter what."

"You're already coming up on a cold."

"Shut up, I'll be fine."

Spoiler: she was not. Madam Pomphrey had to give her a Pepper-up potion to cure her cold and fever. Sky ignored Sirius for three days to escape his 'I told you so' look.