13

I didn't fall for you

I didn't fall for you. It wasn't a falling feeling. It was more of a wandering into a quiet room and knowing I was home.

||||

Sky's legs dangled over the railing of the Astronomy tower as she sat watching the stars, waiting for Regulus to show up. "You're early." He sat next to her. 

"No, you're late."

Regulus shrugged. "So, what's up?"

"Nothing much actually. Nicole's going on about her brother's wedding, Josh is... Josh and I'm fine I guess. Did you read the Daily Prophet today morning?"

He nodded. "Yeah. Mass murder in Muggle neighborhood."

"Yeah. I'm kind of freaked out by this You-know-who. He's just straight up murdered a whole neighborhood for whatever reason. He's one of those pure-blood supreme guys isn't he?"

"Uh-huh." Regulus said, thinking back to the conversation he had with his parents during the break. "He didn't kill those people, Death Eaters did."

"Death Eaters are his minions." Sky scoffed. "He orchestrated it, nonetheless. Nicole was saying that the Lestranges have been rumored to have joined his ranks. Didn't your cousin marry into the family?"

"She did. Bellatrix." He hesitated before asking. "Would it be so bad to be one of those Death Eaters?"

Sky turned to him in surprise. "Obviously! Reggie, you do see what he's doing and its wrong. He's basically Hitler with his Death Eaters being the Nazis." She eyed him in concern. "You're not thinking of joining up are you?"

"No! " He exclaimed defensively. "I'm not thinking of joining them, of course not! "

 "Good. I would be deeply offended if you thought muggles and muggle-borns weren't worthy of living."

"Everyone is worthy of living, no matter what." Regulus said, and both stayed silent, lost in thought of their own problems.

||||

Nicole forced Sky to go watch a Quidditch match against Slytherin and Hufflepuff to show some enthusiasm in extra-curricular activities. The two girls trudged towards the Quidditch pitch along with an eager crowd.

"You should wish him luck." Nicole said abruptly. "Regulus."

Sky rolled her eyes. "Nicky, I —"

"I'm not just saying it because I think you two would look super cute together, he's your childhood best friend. Its what friends do."

"I don't want that kind of peer pressure over me. Ooh, wish him luck! Ooh, give him gifts because today was the date he first learned to wave! Ooh, tie his shoelaces because we're childhood friends! "

Nicole sighed deeply. "How dramatic are you, Sky? Honestly... just go into the Slytherin changing rooms, kiss him for good luck and come back."

"Nicole I-don't-know-your-middle-name JordanI'm not kissing him."

"Fine. Just go." The brunette pushed her friend in the direction of the Slytherin changing room and winked at her. "I'll keep us seats! "

Sky huffed and walked towards the changing room, thinking it wouldn't be too bad. She peeked in and noticed that it was empty. "Just perfect." She mumbled. "Er — Reggie?" The blonde held out her wand just in case someone attacked her.

"Sky?"

She screamed in fright and turned around to see Regulus looking confusedly at her. "Woah, easy there." He lowered her wand. "What are you doing here?"

"Before we talk — um — I would like you to know that you're — uh — shirtless." Sky awkwardly looked at her fingernails as if they were the most interesting thing ever. Regulus' face turned red as he disappeared behind a wall. 

He appeared again after a few seconds, dressed in his Quidditch gear and still slightly pink. The Slytherin cleared his throat. "Uh, so... why are you in here?"

"To wish you luck, Mr. Seeker." She grinned. "Good luck for the match."

"Oh, thanks." He smiled and then frowned. "You shouldn't be here. If you were caught they'd have ripped you apart."

Sky scoffed. "Please, as if I'd let them. And I could pass for a Slytherin."

Regulus grinned, looking her up and down. Sky scowled and hit him on the head, ignoring the heat creeping up her cheeks. "Just because I saw you shirtless doesn't mean you check me out like that."

"You literally look like a sunflower field." He informed and Sky looked at herself, dressed head to toe in yellow which Nicole had forced her into, saying it would so house pride and Sky had liked that idea. 

The Hufflepuff shrugged. "Meh. I think I look like the sun."

"Because you're hot?"

Sky looked at him, speechless and impressed. "Wow, you've gotten better at flirting."

"That was unintentional." Regulus said, fixing his collar. "Need help there?" The girl asked. Regulus nodded and let his hands fall by his side as she straightened his collar. Sky noticed how much shorter she was than him.

After finally straightening the collar, she looked up at him and the two were aware of the minimal amount of space between them. "I feel like we're having a moment." Sky whispered.

"I feel like its going to be ruined." Regulus countered.

And sure enough, it was. "Black, you coming?! " Someone yelled from outside and the two jumped apart. "Yeah, I'll be out in a second." Regulus called back.

"Well, good luck." She smiled at him. "You'll need it."

"If Slytherin wins you'll give me all your ice-cream." Regulus smirked.

"If Hufflepuff wins you'll give me all of yours." Sky challenged.

"Deal." The two shook their hands and Sky walked out towards the stands where Nicole had saved her a seat. "So?" The brunette asked in interest.

"Oh, nothing happened. Get over it."

Nicole grinned. "Yet."

Unfortunately Hufflepuff lost which put Sky in a very anti-Regulus mood, dreading the time when she'd have to give up her ice-cream to him. Even Nicole was annoyed which doubled when Josh came and taunted the loss in their face.

Sky had to stop Nicole from punching Josh. "Someone's cranky." The Gryffindor mumbled as Sky pulled him away from the angry Hufflepuff.

"Someone," Nicole glared at him. "Needs to shut up."

"Both of you need to stop dwelling so much on Quidditch. Its just a game." Sky shrugged which didn't do well for her, seeing her two friends kept lecturing her about the importance of Quidditch for the next several hours.

||||

A/N: Thank you for 1k reads!!