07

I believe in poems as I do in haunted houses

I believe in poems as I do in haunted houses. We say someone must have died here.

- Rosa Alcalá

||||

Days passed easily in Hogwarts and Sky had built up a schedule for herself. Each morning she would go down to breakfast with Nicole and then she'd attend classes with Nicole.

Sky had opted for Ancient Runes and Care of Magical Creatures while Nicole had taken up Divination and Muggle studies. However, Josh had the same subjects as Sky and they spent those classes together, and then she studied in the library with Josh and Nicole who became fast friends.

Without fail, she met Regulus in either the Astronomy tower or in the kitchens where sometimes they talked endlessly or sat in silence, enjoying each others company.

Weekly once, Sirius and Sky talked and although they weren't very close they could be considered friends.

"I don't understand this nonsense! " Josh exclaimed but apologized softly when Madam Pince glared viciously at him. "What kind of nightmare is this, Sky?! "

"Merlin," Nicole rubbed the side of her head. "Will you stop being so dramatic Martin?"

"Ehwaz means partnership and eihwaz means defense." Sky explained while Josh just looked clueless.

"How does one bloody letter make so much difference?! " Josh held his head in his hands while Nicole desperately tried to stop laughing at the look on the Gryffindor's face. Sky just eyed the two of them in boredom. "Stop laughing Jordan! "

"I can't, this is hilarious." Nicole gasped in between laughs. 

"This symbol means air and not earth." Sky pointed out, while correcting Josh's homework. The Gryffindor repeatedly slammed his head against the table, cursing life. "Oh, for heaven's sake, stop being dramatic! " The blonde snapped and Josh sat up.

"How are you so good at Ancient Runes anyway?" Nicole asked curiously. 

"We had it from first year in Ilvermorny."

"We didn't have it at all in Mahoutokoro." Josh intoned.

Nicole huffed grumpily. "Its so cool that you guys have seen different schools while I'm stuck at Hogwarts."

Josh and Sky exchanged looks and shut up, knowing that they'd say something wrong and ruin the brunette's mood further.

Sky checked her watch and hurriedly packed up her stuff. Josh looked at her curiously while Nicole smirked. "Shut up, Nicole. And save me some ice-cream!