1

The infamous group of Marauders sat in a compartment in the Hogwarts express, waiting  to arrive at their beloved school.

Well, I say the Marauders I mean Sirius sat alone in a compartment awaiting his friends and boyfriend's return.

Both James and Remus were in a Prefects meeting with McGonagall and Peter was spying on the Slytherins.

He felt as if he'd been waiting hours when in reality it had only been around forty five minutes until he heard the clicking noise, signalling his friends return.

Sirius sat bolt upright, anticipating the layout of this years' schedule.

Remus had an obvious smirk on his face whereas James wore a frown.

"What happened? Did Evans reject him again?" Sirius asked, smiling all the way.

"Well yes, but also no." Remus replied, nudging James' arm playfully. Sirius lent back in his seat and put his hands behind his head.

"Come on Prongs, share with the rest of the class!" The couple shared a laugh, their attention still very much on James who still held a straight (gay) face.

"Just McGonagall nothing much." He said, crossing his arms.

"A little more detail perhaps?"

Remus rolled his eyes and wacked Sirius' knee whilst whispering at him to be patient.

 "Apparently she didn't trust me enough to do the first meeting alone even though I had the most responsible student in the school doing it with me! She then went on to tell us about the Head boy and Head girl room, which I was already fully aware of, what I didn't realize is that I have to move out of the bloody Marauders dorm!" Sirius gasped dramatically at the last sentence topping it off with a loud 'What!'.

"I know! That's not even it, the woman's making me do bloody prefect rounds with your brother when I'm quite clearly not a prefect! At least give the job to Evans or some shit!"

"Don't call McGonagall 'woman', James." Remus said, glaring at his friend.

"Why couldn't they just let a prefect deal with his bullshit? Why give it to the Head boy?"

"She was killed during summer." Sirius made a small 'oh' sound before glancing down at the floor, sadly.

The door clicked open to show Peter walking into the apartment.

"Is it true then? Did you get paired with Sirius' brother?" The boy said, pink in the face and out breathe.

"How-?" James asked, catching the invisibility cloak Peter had just thrown at him.

"I overheard him and his friends talking about it." Peter sat down next to Sirius.

"I take they were completely outraged by the beloved pureblood, Slytherin prince being forced to be together with a blood traitor every week?" Sirius said, his eye roll as audible as his words.

"Pretty much." Peter squeaked.

"What a surprise." He led down as best as he could on the seat and rested his head against the window.

~~~~

"The audacity of the teachers in this school is astronomical, really it's quite alarming." Regulus expressed, facing his friends.

"Honestly if I was you right now  I'd throw myself out of the window, not before banging my head against the wall multiple times." Barty said, receiving a laugh from the table.

"I can only imagine what your parents will do if they find out, it wouldn't surprise me if they fire McGonagall themselves!" Regulus snorted at the comment, knowing it was very much true.

"Who does she think she is though? Pairing up a high ranked pureblood with a disgusting filthy blood traitor like Potter?" Mulciber commented.

"What was going through her head? Merlin knows that it's a terrible idea putting us together? It's hardly our fault the other prefect got herself killed?" Regulus added, staring out of the window.

"Anyways, father officially disowned me, which is fun." Barty said, smirking.

The table of Slytherins cheered in celebration of their friend finally being rid of his blood traitor.

"Honestly it's a miracle you turned out so well Crouch, your father being a disgusting mudblood lover and all." Severus snorted.

"You weren't the ones who had to suffer his lectures on 'why hating muggleborns is wrong'. He's pathetic, truly." He took a sip from the bottle of water he was holding. "Mum was alright though, she never really talked about her views on it all, probably saving herself from having to torture her ears with dad's jibberish."

Snorts could be heard from multiple people on the table.

"Still, at least your here now." Muliciber said.

"Yes, the place would be much quieter if you weren't." Regulus joked, smirking at his friend.

"Piss off Reg." Barty replied, smiling back.

"As beautiful as your friendship is I do believe we're now at Hogwarts!" Evans exclaimed, getting up.

Regulus checked his watch and then looked out the window, confused.

"Evan- Evan that's not Hogwarts that's a castle? We've been going to the school since we were eleven and yet you still can't workout what it looks like?"

Evan leant over towards the window, squinting.

"Shit so it is." He concurred, sitting back down.

"Rosier has anyone told you that you are utterly useless sometimes?" Severus said, shaking his head.

"Eh, one or two times."

The group laughed at his incompetence.

----------

Hiya my loves

Holy shit I wrote more in this one chapter than I've written in Essential for the past two moths 🤪

Anyways I hope you all liked this chapter even though legit nothing happened 😃

Um so yh that's basically it 💀

Byeee ❤