Part 2

(Keep in mind that im not a doctor.)

Harry woke up in a hospital bed. Panicked, he looked around and saw his godfather sitting in a chair next to the bed. He was asleep.

"Sirius?" He tried, the dark haired man woke up with a jolt and looked around confused until he understood where he was.

"you're awake." sirius said calmly and looked away. "ill get a doctor." he said quickly and left the room.

then harry remembered what happened. his head swung to he side and he rapid blinking sarted again. what is going on with me?

Sirius came back with a nurse in trail. "Good morning mr.potter. My name is Eander Dempsey." The nurse smiled. Harry nodded and smiled at him.

He was holding a clip-board with some papers.

"What happened." Harry asked, his voice breaking.

"I'll have too  ask you the same question, mr. Potter. What happened, your guardian said you just started moving uncontrollably in the dead of night." He said.

"Yes, i dont know... i- i couldn't do anything to stop it, and if i tried, it just got kinda worse." Harry attempted to explain.

"I see, now mr. Potter, have you been doing any drugs?" The nurse asked. Harry shook his head no.

"Have you been drinking anything alcoholic?" He followed up with. And harry shook his head again.

*pop* his lips popped together and his head swung to the side, again, it was involuntary.

"Was that the same as the stuff happening last night?" The nurse asked. Harry nodded, biting his lip to itch away the uneasy feeling lingering his lips.

"Theres not much we can do right now, though, I'd want a word with your...." eander lookedd at sirius, "godfather." Sirius finished his sentence.

"Godfather." Mr. Dempsey repeated.

——————

The trip home was quiet, until remus spoke up. "Harry, have these things been happening before?" He asked. "No." Harry said. "They haven't." The uneasy feeling was still prominent in his shoulder.

"What did the doctor say?" He asked.

"Well," sirius began.  "They said it wasn't a seizure, they thought it was at first but no."

"Okey, what was it?" Harry asked, impatiently.

"That's the thing, they dont know." Remus put in.

"What?" Harry exclaimed. "Why not!"

"We're going to the muggle doctors next week to get an MRI."  Harry pulled a face at this.

————————

"Alright mr. Potter, will you lay down right there." A doctor said after many long minutes of talking about what the scan could do for him.

Harry nodded and did as he was told.

"Alright, lay still and i'll move you into the maschine."

Sirius and remus were sat on the highly uncomfortable chairs in the corner of the room.

The bed was slowly moved into the scanner.

Harry was really nervous, what if they found nothing and they couldn't help him.

The overthinking and anxiety seemed to trigger another of those twitches.

Harry's head swung to the side and his jaw clenched.

"Please lay still, mr. Potter." The doctor demanded.

"Shut up!" Harry yelled as the machine let him out again.

Remus' Eyes widened and he looked at harry like if he actually did that on purpose.

harry looked at him and almost started to cry. "im sorry." he said and remus realized his mistake.

————————

two weeks after the last doctors visit, and the twitches have not been getting any better.

"harry, come here. You got a letter." Remus called.

"really? from the hosital?" harry asked as he came around the corner.

sirius nodded and they all sat down on the couch together.

Harry ripped the letter open, and read the insides.

As his eyes got further down the paper, his expression went to a combination of confusion and somberness.

"Tour-ett-e's syndrome?" He tried to pronounce it.

"What was that?" Sirius said to make harry speak up.

"They said... its a possibility that i have Tourette's syndrome." He said, still unsure how to say it.

"Oh..." remus muttered. The other two both looked at him.

"What does that mean?" Harry's said and his his chin which his left palm.

"It's a chronic illness that make you do those things unwillingly." Remus explained with a creased forehead.

"A chronic illness?" Harry questioned. Remus nodded.

"So im brain-damaged." He asked, getting a little frustrated.

"What, no!" Sirius exclaimed and hugged harry comfortingly.

"Well," harry began, "how will they fix it?" He asked and clicked his teeth together. He was tired of the uncontrollable 'tics' as they called it in the letter.

"Fix?- harry, you cant 'fix' a chronic illness such as that." Remus said with pity in his voice.

"B-but, we're wizards! There has to be a way! I -shut up!- i just want it to -agh!- i just want it to stop!" He cried as his head swung left and right and he started hitting hit knee. Sirius hugged him like he was prone to break any moment now.

"I'm sorry." Sirius whispered. "I'm so, so sorry." Harry didnt know what sirius was sorry for, but the comfort of his godfather holding him, was all he needed.

"I mean....they're not sure though." Remus said, he read the letter, "they say its a possibility, so you're going back in a few months for a check-up."

Relief was visible as Harry's tics calmed and his shoulders sunk.

The two adults shared a look of pity as the thirteen year-old fell asleep on the couch.

Sirius draped a blanket over him, "Goodnight pup." He smiled, tho the remaining pity was still there as he thought of the challenges this boy would have to go though if it was indeed the chronic illness, and not just a passing through.