chapter 5

I felt shaky as I approached the table. Jussie was on the left, and Yazz was on the right. Through all my nerves I proceeded to walk behind a young boy. When I got up to Jussie, I was at a lost for words. "Is that your little brother?" He asked me, referring to the kid. "No." I said, trying not to die at this moment. He knew I was alive. He spoke to me. I had to stop gushing in my mind and tried to focus on what he was saying. "Do you even know him?" He asked, smirking. "No." I said, smiling. We both started to laugh. Why was that funny to me? At least he was laughing, too. I didn't want to be the only one and seem crazy. I slid Jussie my CD. When he looked down to sign it, I noticed that he had my favorite type of sharpie: gold. I said what I was thinking at the moment. "I'm not breathing." Thank god he didn't hear. He might have thought I was going to fall out or something. I didn't want to scare him. He looked up and slid my CD to me. "Thank you." I said, smiling. "You're welcome. I enjoyed you." YAAAAAAAAAAAAAS not just you're welcome but he enjoyed me?!? I had to calm down before I embarrassed myself. I proceeded to move down to Yazz. "Hey. What's your name?!?" He said. "Josh." I said, smiling back while viewing his pearly whites. Oh God. He grabbed my hand and shook it. "I must feel rough as hell." I thought. His hand was so soft I started to wonder if that touch was sent from heaven. "Hey, Josh." He said. "Hey." I said , my hornbucket ass starting to melt on the inside. I slid him the CD and noticed that his sharpie was gold, too. He signed his name, and I saw he added a crown at the end. I looked at the signature for a few seconds, and realized that he was looking at me wondering why I was staring at his writing. "Thanks." I said, closing the CD and walking out of the area. Along with the mess of people, I noticed there were some people that weren't dressed like security working to help fans leave the setup. Mom still hadn't come out , but I saw her still snapping pictures. She finally left just in time for some guy with a staff pass thing on his neck to ask me to wait on the side. Mom handed me my phone, feeling accomplished it seemed. I took a picture from the side view I had. It came out blurry. I realized Mom had zoomed in too much. "Mom, what did you do?" I asked as we walked away, more people with passes on the side. "I don't know." she said. It didn't matter anymore. We were done. I looked through my camera gallery to see a ton of blurry pictures mixed in with some exceptional ones. "Mom, I told you to wait a couple seconds between each picture." I started to worry that there was no good pictures. I had just got that phone, and the camera was awesome. How did this happen? "I took good pictures." she said. I tried to stop nagging and be grateful for this experience. I had to delete a bunch of photos, but some were clear enough to where you could make out the faces through the blur. I kept all of those. To make sure I had some extra protection from losing the pictures , I screenshotted all of them when we got in the car. I felt the pain in my back, legs, and feet when I sat down. There was minimal conversation as we drove home sore and tired.