chapter 13

Trevor wrapped his arms around me and I felt the warmth of his body as I hugged him back. "What are you doing here?!?" I asked, pulling away to look at him. "My grandparents gave me some money to buy a bunch of new clothes. And what about you?" He asked, looking down at me while smiling. "I need some new clothes as well."
"I'm starving. Let's get some food!" "Is this like a date?" "What do you mean?" Asked Trevor, blushing. "Eating together....shopping togethe-" "I didn't ask to shop together... Yet." "Surely you wouldn't disappear on me after we ate. I know you're better than that." "You're right. Come eat!" Said Trevor, putting his arm around me leading me to the food court. While we walked I pondered to myself. "Is this really happening? Am I wrong for this entire trip? How will Trevor react when he finds out about Jus-" "We're here." Trevor pulled me out of my thoughts as I saw the different fast food places near us. I had been craving a grilled cheese for a long time, and I saw Johnny Rockets nearby. "Let's go there!" I said, pointing at the sign. Trevor nodded and we walked into the restaurant. I had always loved the vintage layout of Johnny Rockets. I have a connection to some aspects of time periods from the 20s until now. As we sat down, Trevor stared at me deeply. I started to feel awkward as the silence went on. "What?!?" I asked, slightly uncomfortable. "I feel like...like we have a connection. I'm not sure what it is. I just feel something when I'm with you." "Stop. I'm blushing." I looked down as I smiled from ear to ear. Part of what was happening felt wrong. I didn't understand why. Was it because I came on this trip with intentions to be with Jussie? The last thing I intended on doing was making a mess of everything. Trevor was sweet, handsome, and kind. Jussie was all I ever dreamed about, and more. I was taken out of my deep pondering when a waiter asked us "Can I start you off with something to drink?" I don't think Johnny Rockets sells beverages that solve my problems.