chapter 12

When I got off the elevator, I did as directed and walked straight down the hall after turning left. I saw double doors at the end of the hall. "What if that's the penthouse suite?!?" I asked in my head as I rolled my bag to the 2 white doors ahead, thinking I was going to be wrong. As I got closer I saw on the wall tight next to the doors a sign read "Penthouse Suite". I tried to contain my excitedness ad my eyes got big and I swiped my key card in the sensor right next to the doorknob on the right door. I pushed both doors open just a little bit so that I could fit in along with my luggage. After getting inside I closed the doors gently yet very fast. I left my suitcase by the front door and placed my phone and key card on it before running around to look at everything in this huge room. I was in heaven..... Well for me, anyways. It was just Chicago to anyone else. There were 2 bedrooms, 1 living room- lounge type area, 1 kitchen, 2 bathrooms, a mojor walk in closet, and a den with super big windows and curtains hanging to the floor from the ceiling. I walked back to the front door and gathered my things. I rolled my suitcase into the bedroom near the huge closet. I locked the door and kicked my shoes off. I walked over to the bed and let all of my wright sink into it as I plopped down in the middle of a cluster of pillows. This is what I needed. To be free of my dull life. To see new places. To meet my bae....again. I drifted off to sleep in no time. When I woke up it was 5:08 PM. I didn't even remember what time I arrived or got to the hotel. I looked out the window and saw cars passing on the street and people strolling on sidewalks. I suddenly had the urge to go shopping. After unpacking, changing my clothes, and freshening up I decided to try and find a way to a mall. After grabbing my phone and sliding my key into my pocket, I walked out my room towards the elevator. I waited for the elevator to come up after I pressed the down arrow while thinking about how to get in and make sure that Jussie would be alone with me tomorrow. All this seemed like some movie plot that was unheard of. As the elevators opened, a group of teens came out while laughing and dancing. I noticed their unique fashion and the fact that they all had the iPhone 6. "How could I have forgotten?!?" I thought, remembering how much I longed for a gold 6. This was the most opportune time to get one. I took the elevator down to the lobby and walked outside to see if any taxis were around. There was only one in sight parked in front of the hotel. I walked hurriedly over to see if anyone was inside. There was a man in his late 20s snoozing with his head resting on the steering wheel. I knocked on the window to wake him up. He got up immediately and turned towards me before unlocking the car doors. I got in the backseat and asked him to take me to the best mall in Chicago. " I gotcha." He said, turning on the car before driving me through the city. We finally arrived at Woodfield mall. I paid the driver and got out. While walking into the building I ran into a tall stranger. "What a coincidence?!?" He said. It was Trevor.