Chapter 3 - Bully And Bullied To Awkward Neighbours

Femi

It was nearly 17.30 by the time I finally left school. Darianna wouldn't let me go until she understood everything and while I complained a lot it was pretty fun helping her and watching her suffer from not getting it. I chuckled at the memory of her contorted expressions while trying to understand the complex questions as I walked back home. Even though it was really late I didn't feel the need to worry about my parents and what they would say since they likely hadn't even noticed that I wasn't home. They were both doctors and sometimes it felt like they lived at the hospital with how long they'd disappear. I understood why so I didn't really hold it against them but it did make living at their large house feel scary for a young child. 

My steps slowed and my gaze was stuck to the ground. A weak sigh left my body and I stopped gazing at the plain cement ground. I thought back to how Darianna had been pestering me about when I sat down next to Ashton and how she'd beat him up for me. A laugh escaped my lips even though I had tried to keep it in, the fact I honestly couldn't tell who would win between them if they fought made it all funnier to me. 

I got to my apartment door and put in the code and after went in. My steps on the stairs were the usual slow and heavy ones. 'Time for another game of will my parents be home today? Maybe I'll be hit with a suprise.' A small dry chuckle appeared after that thought.

I climed all the stairs and when I looked down to find my keys a strange black figure was at the corner of my eye, layed on the ground. 'A shoe?' My eyes traced the figure until it reached the top, it was a person, a familiar one.

Ashton Yang.

Freaking Ashton was laying by my doorstep, bloody and unconsious, well I thought he was. 'Should I get closer? Or maybe just leave him? Is he sleeping? Wait he has to be, but why here?!' Ashton being in this apartment wasn't shocking since he moved here and became my neighbour a few years ago, what was shocking was him being by my doorstep. I had made sure to never interact with him and we'd never met anyways except for some awkward moments where we'd throw out the trash or something. But never anything like this. My steps were light as my feet walked toward him, barely making a sound. I knelt down and inched closer to his face and it was clear that he was knocked out cold. 

After having calmed down a bit I realized that he must've tried to get home after a fight but fainted once he reached my door. So the question was wether I'd just leave him or help him out with those injuries of his. My lips puckered to the side as I thought long and hard but I eventually grabbed him by the arms and lifted him up. Small mumbles and curses left my lips as I dragged him into my home. "You should really thank me for this, you're lucky I'm nice.." 

I dragged him to the bathroom and placed him on the toilet. I brought out a cloth and drapped it in water and then turned to him. It was obvious he had several wounds, some under his clothes too most likely. 

Did that mean I'd have to strip him? Only his shirt of course!

..No way, right..?