Chapter 12 - A Door To The Face

tw: sexual assault/harassment

.

Femi

Darianna and Mako were having their usual banter and while I would join in here and there, maybe even chuckle sometimes it still didn't feel like I was really there with them. My mind was stuck in another place. 'Did he really leave? Maybe he went back?'

I took a step back and went back up to the second floor. The place was filled with a mixture of smells that did not fit each other at all, alcohol, sweat and smoke. It was bad, I scrunched my nose in disgust and covered it with my hands. 

I felt a presence behind me and turned around only to be disappointed to see who it wasn't.

"Hey there beautiful," he smiled. He put one hand on my shoulder and smirked.

"Uhm, I.. I don't think I know you. Do you need anything?"

He bit his lower lip and I felt a chill run down my spine. There was something about that gaze that felt unnatural. "Actually I think my friend is waiting for me. I've got to go." I walked past him but was pulled back to his sweaty chest. I let out a deep sigh and hoped that I wouldn't just randomly start crying.

"What I need is you baby."

"I'd rather you don't call me that," my voice came out in a softer manner than it was supposed to.

He spun me around so that our faces were now facing each other and started tracing down my body. His touch felt slimy and cold. I wanted to push him away but my body didn't move, like it wasn't my own. He pressed his chapped lips on my neck and started kissing it. He left wet kisses all over my neck.

"Can you- can you please stop?" 

He looked at me with cold eyes and a wide grin. His smile looked so different from Mako's, his was devilish and cruel, one I didn't want to look at.

"Are you crying?" he asked with a smirk. "So cute."

Anger erupted in me, he had just violated me but had the gull to call me cute because of my crying? Could he be any worse? I kicked him in the knee and ran out, nearly twisting my ankles in the process because of my heels. I could hear how he was grunting behind me and saying several curses but I didn't look back. 

I got out and breathed in the fresh air, taking big breaths, gasping for the air. The small breeze tickled my skin that was drenched in sweat. 

"Femi?" A familiar cold voice, one that'd always have my hairs stand on end, called out to me but I didn't turn around.

His steps got closer and closer, soon enough he was standing right behind me. I couldn't hold in my hiccups and sniffing. He'd already caught on, anyone would've.

"Turn around."

I stood still.

"I said turn around," his voice was sterner this time.

The taste of blood tickled my tongue from how hard I was biting my lower lip.

He grabbed me by the elbow and spun me to face him. His cold eyes went soft once he saw my bloodshot eyes. "What happened?" 

I wiped my tears and gave him a smile but I could tell how wonky and fake it looked.

"I've always been a crybaby so it really isn't that big of a deal. I just walked into a door, that's all." I laughed but my voice cracked in the middle of it.

I pushed his arm off me, "I'm gonna go home now, I'm pretty exhausted." 

"I'll go with you."

"I'd rather go alone, thanks." 

"No."

I bit my lower lip and glared up at him. 

"I want to be alone!" I shouted. 

A weak sigh escaped my lips as I took a step back.

"Sorry. Just leave me alone, that's all I want."