Chapter 27 - Always Will Be His Crybaby

Femi

Darianna was watching us with an amused expression. Her eyes shimmered. They had a glint that meant she had plans. Ideas that meant trouble.

"So.." Darianna hummed and I raised a brow. "Since it's your birthday.."

"Yeah?" I replied, agitated from the way she was dragging this out.

"You'll meet Tyler right? It's been a while since you two hung out."

"Oh! Tyler." A large smile appeared on my face and Ashton glanced my way. "I haven't seen him in a while but he always visits during my birthdays. I've got to leave my schedule open."

Darianna picked up a bowl of red grapes and plopped one in her mouth. "Do you have any plans for what you'll do?"

"No, don't think so. He's usually the one who decides. I just follow along." I giggled and for a second there I could've sworn I just saw Ashton grip the wrapping from the present. 

"Who's Tyler?" Ashton asked, his gray eyes were filled with an emotion I'd never seen from him before.

"Oh he's just my—"

"He's someone Femi grew up with." Darianna cut in. "She mentioned him to me recently, he's probably the second closest person to her, right after me." She smirked and Ashton raised a brow.

Mako took the controller Darianna had put down a few moments before and started scrolling through the channels. "Great. We can talk about that Tyler guy another day. Right now we should be partying."

Darianna shot him an annoyed glare and he gave her a smirk. He turned to me. "Do you have Netflix?"

I nodded and he smiled. "Great."

"Let her decide what we should watch." Darianna crossed her arms and Mako rolled her eyes.

"I was just about to ask."

"Mhmm, sure."

"So what do you want to watch?" Mako made sure to emphasize the 'you' and I couldn't help but smile.

"Well how about... Stranger things? Or Riverdale? We could laugh at how bad it is."

Mako searched for Riverdale and laughed. "Great choice."

Darianna sat down at one of the small sofas that was in front of the dining table and smiled. "This is gonna be a long night."

And she was right. It was definitely a long night of laughing screaming and partying. We watched trashy shows, Passionflix movies and then horror movies that had me gripping my plushie. Ashton had placed his hand on mine but that just distracted me from the movie to him. 

It was probably one of the nicest birthdays I had had in a while. 

I'd gotten a adorable plushie from Ashton, a silver heart necklace from Mako and a set of golden and silver jewels I could add to my box braids next time from Darianna. All the dear presents I'd gotten were placed in my room near my shelf. 

I wanted this day to last forever.

.

.

Mako and Darianna had left as Ashton stayed with me in the kitchen. The house was pretty clean even after everything that'd happened. I'd offered to help with the cleaning but they'd shut me down. Saying that since it was my birthday I only needed to sit back. Also because I still had a cold.

I took a glass of water and eyed Ashton who was scrolling through his phone. He put it down and walked to me.

"Do you like Tyler?"

"What?!" My voice nearly came out as a scream from the unexpectedness of the question. "I- I mean what..? Why would you ask that?"

His brows furrowed and he inched closer to me. "Your face immediately changed once he got brought up. Looked like you really like him."

"And what if I do?"

He leaned in and kissed me. My body froze up and my eyes went wide. His kiss was filled with hunger and longing and I returned it. He pulled back, his lips just inches from mine and his breath tickling my skin. "I won't let you."

Darianna is gonna go crazy once she hears about this.

I smirked and looked into his eyes. "Tyler is my cousin."

Silence feel between us.

"Oh."

I chuckled and kissed him. My body wanted this, needed this. I couldn't tell when the change happened but along the way I'd wanted to become his. And he seemed to have felt the same way. As he grabbed my hips and pushed my body into his and placed kisses over my neck. 

Like he was marking it, removing any signs that John had been there. 

I pulled back, gasping for air and let out a laugh. I couldn't hold it in. "I can't believe it, you really were jealo—" 

He shut me up with a kiss and through rugged breathes I heard him breathe out a 'you're mine' and that made me lean into him even more.

I really was his.