Chapter 63

Meanwhile with the Halsteads as Jay comes out of the shower:
Jay's POV: As I come out of the shower after getting home from my first briefing at McCormick Place, I sigh as I went to go put my sweat pants on since I am quite stressed. This is going to be a lot of work and I am going to have to do it quickly. I literally have to do it this week and it's not going to be fun being away from Erin. Heck, I am scared to bring this home to her but...it's a risk I am going to have to take considering I have to do it. This is my job and I just hope I don't get COVID. I want to keep my family safe. Coming out of the washroom, I saw Erin on the couch.

Walking out, I smiled because she was just wearing one of my t-shirts as well as her underwear. "Now, you are such a tease." Erin laughed when I said that. "Yeah, look who's talking." I nodded when she said that and just smiled at her as I came to walk over to her while she put the food I got for lunch on the living room table. "You're going to be safe there right?" I nodded when she asked me that. "Hey, of course I am Erin. I promise that I am going to be safe." Going to sit down next to her, I smiled as I looked at the lunch that I got for us. "You like the restaurant I chose?"

Erin smiled when I asked her that. "This is where we went on our first date." I nodded and agreed with her when she said that. "Yeah, glad you remembered." Erin just smiled at her and then went to wrap her arms around mine. Grabbing my hand, she went to intertwine our fingers and smiled at me. She then went to kiss me and just smiled as we held each other close. "You okay Erin?" Erin nodded when I asked her that. "Yeah, I am fine." I just looked at her when she said that. "You are such a horrible liar." Erin just laughed when I said that before going to grab some of the food.

"So listen, I wanted to talk about how safe you are going to be." I nodded when she said that. "Erin, I already told you that I went through the briefing properly. Anyways, my brother is going to be there. He knows that he is a dead man if he lets me catch COVID while we are working there together." Erin laughed and agreed with me when I said that. "Yeah, he is." I smiled when she said that. "So, what did you do most of the day?" Erin bit her lip when I asked her that. "I went to run some errands with Hank. He picked me up because I needed some female products."

I just looked at her when she said that. "I could've picked them up for you babe." Erin sighed and looked at me. "This is something that I needed to do before you got home unfortunately." I was confused when she said that. "And Hank had to be the one?" Erin sighed and looked at me. "He was the only one I trusted to help me do this." I just looked at her. "Hey, are you okay Erin?" Erin bit her lip when I asked her that. "Jay, you promise me that you want kids right?" I just looked at her when she said that. "Yes, we already went over that babe. I promise, I am ready whenever."

Erin then took a breath. "Erin, you okay? Talk to me. If something's wrong, you need to..." That's when I saw why Erin was so nervous. Taking a pregnancy test out from under her, she went to show me that she was pregnant. "I'm pregnant." I just stared at her when she said that. "What?" Erin just nodded and smiled at me. "I'm pregnant." I just nodded when she said that and smiled as I went to put my hand on her stomach. "Oh my god. Babe..." Erin just smiled when I said that. "God, this is crazy. Must've been Valentine's Day. That is the only time it could have been."

I just smiled at her when she said that. "Oh my god. Babe, we are having a baby!" Erin nodded and agreed with me when I said that and just smiled before going to kiss me softly. "Jay, I am so scared but...I feel like this is right for us." I nodded and agreed with her when she said that before smiling at her. "Listen, how about we finish eating and then we can go celebrate this in bed together?" Erin laughed when I said that and just smiled as she came to cuddle up to me. Wrapping my arm around her, I went to kiss her forehead and just smiled at her.

Going to grab my food, I smiled at her. "I am so taking you to bed to celebrate this after." Bending down, I smiled as I went to push her shirt up before going to kiss her stomach softly. "Hi baby, it's daddy." Erin just smiled when I did that. "You can do that in bed okay? Right now, I am hungry and just want to eat okay? When we are in bed...we can do all of that okay?" I nodded and agreed with her as I went to grab my food. "So, what do you want?" Erin smiled when she asked me that. "Uhm, I think I want a girl to tell you the truth." I smiled and agreed with her.

"I love that idea. They are easier than boys I hear." Erin laughed and smiled when I said that. "Now, you need to promise me that you are safe okay? If you are going to work there...you can't bring this home to me okay?" I nodded when she said that. "No need to worry about that okay Erin? I am not going to bring COVID home to you because I am going to be safe." Erin nodded and smiled when I said that. "Good, that is exactly what I want to hear. Now eat because this explains my hormones now." I laughed and agreed with her when she said that, going to eat my lunch.