Chapter 69

Meanwhile, back with Matt & Gabby:
Matt's POV: As I laid down in bed with Gabby, I smiled as we held each other close after putting my boxers back on. We agreed to just relax now even though we were really happy. Yes, she no longer had her aneurysm...and that was a reason to celebrate with sex (which we already did)...she was also pregnant with twins. We didn't want to put our twins at risk so we decided to just relax in bed while we held each other close in bed. Going to grab her hand, I smiled at her and then went to intertwine our fingers. Stroking her hand with my thumb, I smiled at her. "How you feeling?" Gabby smiled when I asked her that. "I'm on cloud 9 and I feel like I have a lot less stress. You had to know that I was always scared to die right?" I nodded and agreed with her.

"Of course I knew that Gabby. Being completely honest, since I learned that we were pregnant...I was scared of that. I mean, I just learned a few days ago...and I already almost lost you." Gabby nodded and agreed with me when I said that. "Sorry about that." I shook my head when she said that. "Hey, you have nothing to be sorry about. This isn't your fault Gabby." Gabby smiled and agreed with me when I said that before letting go of my hand and moving her arms around my torso. Feeling her get even closer to me, I just smiled as I went to tug the covers up before proceeding to rub her back. I then went to kiss her forehead and smiled at her. "You okay Gabby?" Gabby nodded when I asked her that. "I have you here with me. That's all I want."

Gabby nodded and agreed with me when I said that but...I still knew that she was scared. Going to kiss her forehead softly, I just smiled at her while putting my hand on her arm. Stroking her arm with my thumb, I smiled at her. "I am right here if you need to talk Gabby." Gabby bit her lip when I asked her that. "God, I shouldn't be emotional right now. I mean, I am not the one who almost lost their wife." I shook my head when she said that and moved my hand to her neck. Moving to stroke her cheek with my thumb, I smiled at her. "Gabby, take a breath and just look at me okay?" Gabby nodded when I said that and looked up at me. "Gabby, you can be emotional. You just escaped death. Don't be afraid okay? You are the strongest, bravest woman I know."

Gabby nodded and just smiled when I said that. She then proceeded to push me onto my back and then came to climb onto my chest. Feeling her lay down, I smiled as I just held her close to me. I already knew that she was scared...and if this is what she needed to calm down and relaxed, then what is exactly what I am going to do for her. Anyways, I loved it when we cuddled up like this. Gabby wasn't wearing a bra right now and I was really turned on...and she knew it.

Laying her head down on my shoulder, Gabby when to wrap her arms around my waist and just cuddled up to me while I went to rub her arm. "You want to talk?" Gabby nodded when I asked her that. "I guess, I am just struggling as to whether this is real life or is this a dream? Matt, I survived and I am here with you. We are expecting twins. I am sorry if that is hard to believe." I nodded and agreed with her when she said that. Moving to kiss her forehead softly, I just smiling as I went to rub her arm again. "Believe me when I say this Gabby, I know how you feel."

Looking up at me, Gabby seemed a little puzzle. "Gabby, I have to tell you something okay?" Gabby nodded when I said that. "I told the doctors to let me into the room because I wanted to be by your side if something happened. I wanted to be able to say goodbye." Gabby agreed with me when I said that and just went to kiss my chest softly. "And I know that I promised I wouldn't do that but..." Gabby shook her head. "It's okay baby. Just take a breath and relax. I would've done the same exact thing." I nodded when she said that before going to rub her arm. "I wasn't just talking about you though. I was going to be saying goodbye to both you and the kids."

Gabby nodded when I said that and started to tear up a bit. While I knew that she was scared, I really didn't want her to cry. Gabby was the victim here and she was not at all responsible for this. "But are you okay?" I nodded when Gabby asked me that. "I am okay because you and the babies are okay. Gabby, I am okay now. Please do not worry about me." Gabby nodded and agreed with me when I said that. I then proceeded to kiss her forehead when I got a text message. Reaching over for my phone, I saw it was Boden. 'She all better now?' I agreed with him and then went to send him a text. 'Yes, resting in bed. Thx for you help earlier.'

Gabby looked at me when I send the text. "What did Boden do?" I turned my head when she asked me that and went to kiss her forehead softly. "He was here with the Ambo." Gabby nodded and agreed with me when I said that. Just holding me close to her, she smiled while I went to rub her back. "I promise though that I won't scare you like that again." I laughed when she said that. "I am sure that you are still going to scare me like that Gabby. You are my wife and I love you. I am always going to be scared when you are hurt." Gabby nodded when I said that and just smiled at me. "Well, at least now me and the twins are safe. I still can't believe it. Two babies."

I then decided to bring up a topic we have to talk about. "I have the idea for a girl name." Gabby looked at me when I said that. "Which is?" I smiled at her. "Nicolette or Nic for short?" Gabby smiled when I said that and then went to kiss my chest. "God, that sounds adorable. I like that idea." I smiled and agreed with her. "So, Matteo and Nicolette?" Gabby nodded and smiled when I said that. "God, what a crazy 72 hours. You get shot, I move home pregnant, we get married, my aneurysm bursts and then we learn it's twins." I nodded and agreed with her, smiling. "I know. Crazy right?" Gabby just laughed when I asked her that before smiling at me.

Pushing herself up, she went to look down into my eyes and smiled as she kissed me softly. Wrapping my arm around her back, I went to put my hand on it before tugging her down onto my chest. I then proceeded to start kissing her and just smiled as we took it slow with each other after our nap. That's when I heard a knock on the door, remembering that Antonio was still here. "Hey guys, you need anything to eat?" I then sighed and just turned my head to look at Gabby while rubbing her back. She nodded when I asked her that before cuddling up to me. "We are not leaving bed though Antonio. Can you bring it in here?" Antonio agreed. "Be right in!"

I just laughed when he said that before smiling as I went to kiss Gabby's forehead. "You want to just stay like this for the rest of the day?" Gabby nodded when I asked her that, wrapping her arms around my waist nice and tight. "Can you put your boxers on though?" I nodded when she asked me that and just smiled at her. "I am already wearing them. However, you can put your underwear on." Gabby nodded when I asked her that before going to let me up so that I could grab her underwear from the ground.