Chapter 7

"I...I...I'm sorry Tucker I'm just not in the place to even think about a relationship. I have so much going on, plus I really am trying to focus on my career at the moment. My drive to become the greatest surgeon hasn't changed from college Tucker, so how do I even  know that  this time would be different. I can't put myself out there again just to be let down, because I'm going to tell you this  now I'm not gonna hold myself back for you. I have goals to accomplish you understand  that right." Miranda  said  sternly

"Mandy looking  back in college my priorities weren't straight..."

"And they are now?" Miranda said cutting  him off she took a deep breath as she watched his face expression change. "Look Tucker I'm not going  to lie you were my first  of everything. My first boyfriend, My first time  and I won't ever forget that, but you were also my very first heart break you left me in pieces ,because you weren't   man enough to be with a future surgeon. Your actions not mine" Miranda told Tucker who had an offended look  on his face.

Miranda  sighed and grabbed  Tucker's hand and gave him a weak smile. " Tucker I would be lying  if I said there wasn't  some part of me that doesnt want to give us another go , but..." 

"But you have feelings  for your bestfriend" Tucker said cutting Miranda off leaving her shocked by his accusations. She did not have feelings for her bestfriend. Ben he just I mean she just you know what how dare he talk about something he knows nothing about. Miranda let out a frustrated rant in her mind not understanding  why he would even think that.

"WHAT?" Miranda said letting  out an awkward laugh.

"Ben your best friend  you have feelings for him" Tucker told Miranda as he watched her nervously play with her fingers.

"Tucker Jones are you crazy I do not have feelings for Benjamin I just so happen to have..."

"Feelings ?" Tucker said cutting Miranda off yet again making her roll her eyes and click her teeth.

"How did Benjamin even become apart of this conversation weren't you just trying to make me yours just a few a minutes ago." Miranda rolled her eyes yet again turning to face the window and look out of it. She didn't even understand  what he was trying  to accomplish here by  bringing up false feelings that I so call have for Benjamin.

"Mandy come on look at me please." Tucker asked hoping she would turn back around so they could continue to talk its obvious she has feelings for Ben but she is too stubborn  to realize how much she really loves him. Miranda  turned around with her arms folded and her lips pursed as she stared at him with a fiesty glare, but soon turned into a soft gaze when he reached over to grab her hand and call out her name and giving her pleading  eyes.

"Mandy trust me I don't want it to be true more than the next guy, but you have some unresolved feelings for Ben and until you come to grips with  that your in love with your best bestfriend me trying to make you mine again will always be a failed attempt. So when ever your ready for us to give it another go you give me a call beautiful."

Tucker said as he leaned in to kiss Miranda cheek as he pulled back they locked eyes.  Both of their gazes looked down at each other's lips and began to lean in but before anything Miranda's phone with off startling her making her jump away.

Ben: Hey beautiful  I need your help on the movie choice and the popcorn is getting cold and stale hurry up. You know I can't get comfortable without  you beside me.💕💕 P.S. we are on the 5 th floor  room number 7 the lady at the front has your key I told her to be on the look out for some one unbelievably gorgeous.

Miranda: okay handsome I'm on my way 😘🥰 don't eat all my popcorn or you will  have to answer to me 🤛🏽👊🏽🤜🏾.

Miranda  smiled at her phone as she read and texted back to Ben. Miranda looked up from her phone and turned back to Tucker who was already starring at her she didn't know why but she felt guilty all of the sudden maybe it's  because they had almost kissed and the only reason they didn't was because  they were intruptted by Ben's text message. But she was glad she didn't she is already confused she doesn't need any more confusion.

"Well I am needed thank you for the talk you have gave me alot to think about, and it was really good seeing you Tucker Jones  thank you for the ride I really appreciate it ."  Miranda said leaning over to give him a kiss on the check before getting out the car and heading  to her's and Ben's room .

Ben had his face in the window looking at Tucker's car wondering what could they possibly be talking about that he couldnt hear it. He was so afraid that Tucker was gonna pull her back in  before he could ever fully understand his feelings towards Miranda. 

Ben sent a text message to Miranda hoping  that he was interrupting any  spontaneous moment. Ben continued to stare out the window until he got an notification  from  Miranda. Letting  him know she was on her way up. Ben smiled at the fact she called him handsome  he didn't understand  how the little things could make his heart flutter he was in love with this women and he didn't know if she also felt the same.

Ben continued to watched out the window when he saw Miranda  exit out the car and he smiled until he realized  he didn't have anything done because  he has been starring at them in the car this whole time . "Oh Shit" Ben zoomed in the kitchen to pop some popcorn and and found a bowl to put it in , and zoomed to the bed room getting in the bed  and cutting  on the tv to look for some movies just before Miranda walked in using her key she got from the lady in the lobby.  Ben released a huge breath of relief.

"Ben?" Miranda called out as she walked in their hotel room.

"In here follow the smell of the yummy buttery popcorn." Ben said stuffing his face with popcorn.