↳ seventeen

THE FIREPLACE ROTATES WITH LINDSEY, THE DOCTOR, AND THE CLOCKWORK ANDROID, Mickey and Maisie backed away when they saw the android that came back with them

THE FIREPLACE ROTATES WITH LINDSEY, THE DOCTOR, AND THE CLOCKWORK ANDROID, Mickey and Maisie backed away when they saw the android that came back with them. Quickly, the Doctor grabbed a tube from a rack and sprayed the contents of it over the android, freezing it.!

"Excellent. Ice gun." Mickey grinned. 

"Fire extinguisher," the Doctor corrected, throwing the fire extinguisher to Maisie who caught it.

"Did that thing come from here?" Maisie questioned.

"Yeah," the Doctor confirmed.

Mickey frowned. "So why is it dressed like that?"

"Field trip to France," the Doctor eyed the clockwork android as if it would activate again at any moment. "Some kind of basic camouflage protocol. Nice needlework, shame about the face." he removes the android's face revealing the clockwork beneath. "Oh, you are beautiful! No, really, you are. You're gorgeous! Look at that. Space-age clockwork, I love it. I've got chills! Listen, seriously, I mean this from the heart, and, by the way, count those, it would be a crime, it would be an act of vandalism to disassemble you. But that won't stop me," the DOctor held up his sonic, threateningly.

 The android actives, beaming away from the quartet. "Short-range teleport. Can't have got far. Could still be on board." The Doctor grabs Lindsey's hand, causing the girl to yelp in surprise. He looks back to Maisie and Mickey, "Don't do looking for it!"

"What are you going to do then?" Maisie questioned. She knew that he didn't want them to get hurt but she couldn't help but frown at the thought that they were going to 1700 France without them.

"Are you sure it's alright to leave them on their own?" Lindsey said as the Doctor flipped the switch causing the fireplace to rotate once more.

"I'm sure they'll be fine. Mickey will look after Maisie," the Doctor replied as they appeared in Reinette's room which was now daytime. Lindsey stepped off the fireplace looking around, confused. 

"Wasn't it night moments ago?" Lindsey asked, bewildered.

"Yeah, it was," the Doctor confirmed. "Reinette? Just checking you're okay." He walked over to a harp, playing a few strings. 

"Ahem." a voice broke the pair out of their silence. An older woman stood before them in an elegant dress.

"Oh. Hello. Er, we were just looking for Reinette. This is still her room, isn't it? We've been away, not sure how long."

"Reinette! We're ready to go." A woman's voice called from down the hall.

"Go to the carriage, Mother. I will join you there." she smiled, looking between the Doctor and Lindsey "It is customary, I think, to have an imaginary friend only during one's childhood. You are to be congratulated on your persistence."