↳ six

"HOPE, HARMONY, AND HEALTH

"HOPE, HARMONY, AND HEALTH. HOPE, HARMONY, AND HEALTH," THE DOCTOR WALKED BACK TOWARDS THE FACE OF BOE'S TANK WITH TWO CONES OF WATER IN HIS HANDS. He handed one to Novice Hame while holding the other one out for Maisie who was now leaning against the glass tank.

"That's very kind." Hame smiled, clutching the cup. "There's no need."

"You're the one working."

Novice Hame shook her head, "There's not much to do, just maintain his smoke. And I suppose I'm company. I can hear him singing, sometimes, in my mind. Such ancient songs."

"Are we the only visitors?" the Doctor questioned curiously.

"The rest of Boe-kind became extinct long ago." Novice Hame explained. "He's the only one left. Legend says that the Face of Boe has watched the universe grow old." the Doctor smiled. "There are all sorts of superstitions around him. One story says that just before his death, the Face of Boe will impart his great secret, that he will speak those words only to ones like himself."

Maisie tilted her head, she was interested. "What does that mean?"

"It's just a story." Novice Hame shrugged.

"Tell me the rest."

"It's said he'll talk to the wanderers," Hame said. "To the man without a home and his beloved. The lonely God and the woman who holds his hearts - "

The Doctor froze, his head snapped toward the nurse.

"What did you just say?"

Maisie frowned at the Doctor's shocked expression.

"The lonely God and the woman who holds his hearts, his one and only." Novice Hame repeated, unsure why he was getting so upset about a story that could be well.. just a story.

"Yes! But what does that mean?!" the Doctor asked.

"I'm sorry, but it's just a story."

Maisie stood up from her stop by the Face of Boe's tank. She walked over to the Doctor, placing her hand on his arm. "Doctor?"

The Doctor shook his head, his mind was reeling at the fact that the Face of Boe knew something about his wife. That couldn't be possible, she was gone... wasn't she? He couldn't feel her presence in his mind like the rest of the Time Lords and Ladies.

· ━━━━━ ·⚘· ━━━━━ ·

In the dreary basement below the hospital, Cass-Lindsey was staring at herself in the mirror that was hanging on one of the walls close to where the film was being shown. "Oh, look at me." Cass-Lindsey ran her hands over her own body. She unbuttoned a few buttons on her floral blouse that Lindsey was wearing to find a black crop top underneath.

"The mistress is beautiful." Chip said.

"Absolutement!" Cass-Lindsey grinned, but her grin fell. "Oh, but look." She saw that her old skin had gone.