↳ two

LINDSEY SAT ON THE EDGE OF THE BED IN JACKIE'S ROOM WHERE THE DOCTOR LAID ASLEEP, her eyes often trailed over the oddly familiar circular symbols that she had seen not only inside the TARDIS but somewhere else she couldn't picture in her head

LINDSEY SAT ON THE EDGE OF THE BED IN JACKIE'S ROOM WHERE THE DOCTOR LAID ASLEEP, her eyes often trailed over the oddly familiar circular symbols that she had seen not only inside the TARDIS but somewhere else she couldn't picture in her head. She shook her head, placing the fob watch back into her pocket suddenly forgetting about it as she looked over to the sleeping Doctor, who so often flinched in pain.

She took his hand in hers, she hated this feeling useless to the fact that she doesn't know what to do nor how to help him. She couldn't stop thinking that it was her fault.

Mickey had taken Rose out of the house to get some air and to get some last-minute gifts as it was Christmas Eve, he had offered if Lindsey wanted to come with them but she declined as she didn't want to be around Rose because she knew that the tension between them wasn't great and wasn't sure if the blonde would yell at her again.

Lindsey felt rather out of place because she was in 2006 and she was twenty at the time, she did want to go back to her own time but she looked up herself on the internet before the whole Game Station situation and knew that it wouldn't be possible. She was 'presumed' dead according to several news sites and friends, yet her adoptive parents were still looking for her in hopes that she was still alive somewhere.

Jackie walked into the room cutting Lindsey off from her thoughts, "Oh, no. Don't come round, darling. No, the flat's all topsy turvy." she said on the phone, that was resting against her shoulder as she carried two cups of tea in her hands. "Here you go, sweetheart."

Lindsey smiled, "Thank you, Jackie," taking the cup from her hand.

Jackie smiled at the girl, walking over the other side of the bed placing the other cup down for the Doctor. "Oh hang on a moment, Bev," Jackie said taking the phone away from her ear and covering the speaker. "Do you need anything sweetheart? Food, sleep, someone to talk to, shoulder to cry on," she asked Lindsey who shook her head, smiling.

"No, I'm fine, you've done enough already," Lindsey said, "Thank you."

"Alright, sweetheart, just call me if you need anything." Jackie smiled before she went back to her conversation, "Rose?... yeah, she just barges in and litters the place. Yeah. No, I'll come round and see you on Boxing day." Jackie walked out of her room, leaving Lindsey and the Doctor alone.

Lindsey sighed, taking a sip of the tea that Jackie had given her, she smiled at the warm feeling the tea gave her. Placing the cup down on the bedside table, she moves closer to the Doctor, taking the damp cloth wiping the sweat from his brow as his body shuddered.

She jumped back as the Doctor exhaled familiar golden energy, 'What the...?' the golden energy spiraled out the open window above the bed. Lindsey frowned, she had recalled seeing that same golden energy before in the TARDIS with the Doctor but she remembered bits of the Heart of the TARDIS as well.