↳ thirteen

THEY RAN OFF TO FIND THE SOURCE OF THE SCREAMS, the Doctor nearly collided with Rose who was running down the hall

THEY RAN OFF TO FIND THE SOURCE OF THE SCREAMS, the Doctor nearly collided with Rose who was running down the hall. "Did you hear that?" Rose asked before she noticed the woman with the Time Lord. "Who's she?"

"Rose, Sarah Jane. Sarah Jane, Rose." the Doctor said introducing them, not noticing the rather displeased look on the blonde's face.

"Hi. Nice to meet you." Sarah Jane said holding out her hand. "You can tell you're getting older. Your assistants are getting younger."

"I'm not his assistant," Rose shouted, outraged.

"She's not my assistant," the Doctor rolled his eyes. Sarah Jane noticed this, she got the feeling that something bad happened for the Doctor to react like that.

"Let's get going, I'm worried about them." Lindsey cut in, not wanting a fight that was waiting to happen.

· ━━━━━ ·⚘· ━━━━━ ·

It turns out that the screams came from both Maisie and Mickey. "Sorry! Sorry, it was only us." They were standing by an open cupboard with numerous packages around them. "You told us to investigate, so we started looking through some of these cupboards and all these fell on us."

"Oh, my god," Lindsey muttered when the Doctor picked one of them up. It was a vacuum-pack rat.

"And you decided to scream," the Doctor said, turning to Mickey.

"It took me by surprise!" Mickey countered.

"Like a little girl?" the Doctor retorted.

"It was dark! We were covered in rats!" Mickey said indignantly.

"Nine, maybe ten years old. I'm seeing pigtails, frilly skirt," the Doctor said. Maisie started to laugh until Rose hit her arm.

"Hello, can we focus?" Rose scoffed, bring the attention onto her. "Does anyone notice anything strange about this? Rats in school?"

"Well, obviously they use them in Biology lessons. They dissect them. Or maybe you haven't reached that bit yet." Sarah Jane mocked, turning to the older blonde. "How old are you?", she asked.

"Excuse me, no one dissects rats in school anymore." Rose scoffed. "They haven't done that for years. Where are you from, the dark ages?"

Sarah Jane glared at Rose, not liking her attitude. "Anyway, moving on," the Doctor said quickly before either of them could say anything else. Sarah Jane and Rose crossed their arms giving each other the dirtiest of looks. "Everything started when Mister Finch arrived," the Doctor chucked the vacuum-packed rat at Mickey. "We should go and check his office."

· ━━━━━ ·⚘· ━━━━━ ·

"I don't mean to be rude or anything, but who exactly are you?" Rose asked Sarah Jane as they walked down the hall toward the Headmaster's office.