Chapter 4

Police Station:

Mason stands next to Sidney as he worries about what had happened to her tonight and wonders to himself if Billy did call her and try to attack her, along with kill Casey and Steve last night. He wonders what his motive was and why he would want to kill them.

Sidney: (To Dewey) Did you find them?

Dewey: You sure it was the Hilton?

Sidney: At the airport.

Dewey: (Looks at his computer) He's not registered there.

Mason: Maybe he's staying somewhere else?

Sidney: I don't know, I guess.

Mason runs her shoulder in comfort.

Dewey: Don't worry, Sid. We'll find him.

And officer walks up to Dewey with a report.

Officer: Dewey, they got that mask in.

Dewey: (Gets out of his chair) I'll be right back.

He leaves the 2 teens alone by his desk.

Mason: I'm sure they'll find your dad, Sid, and make sure nothing happened to him.

Sidney: (Smiles at him) Thanks, Mason.

Mason smiles back at her.

Burke's office:

Billy sits in a chair across from Burke's desk next to his father, Hank Loomis, and stares through the window and sees Sidney and Mason together as Burke questions him.

Burke: Let's me ask you this: what are you doing with a cellular telephone, son?

Billy: Everyone's got one, Sheriff. I didn't make those calls, I swear.

Hank: Why don't you check the phone bill, for Christ's sake. Call vital phone comp. They've got the records of every number dialed.

Burke: Thanks, Hank. We're on top of it. (Turns to Billy) What we're you doing over at Sidney's house tonight?

Billy: I wanted to see her, that's all.

Burke: And last night? Sidney said you crawled through her window last night, too.

Hank: (Turns to his son) You went out last night?

Billy: (Scoffs) I watching TV, I got bored. I decided to go for a ride.

Burke: Did you happen to ride by Casey Becker's house?

Billy: No. No, I didn't. Sheriff, I didn't kill anybody!

Burke shares a look with Hank before turning their attention to Billy.

Burke: We're gonna have to hold you, son. Till we get those phone records.

Billy: (Voice breaks) That's crazy. You know that? (Turns to his dad) I didn't do it.

Burke looks at Billy while being careful due to him being a suspect in the case. Billy turns his attention out the window and narrows his eyes at Sidney, who looks back at him before looking away.

Outside of the police station:

Crowds of reporters swarm the parking lot as they report the events of that night and officers keep them away. Kenny makes his way to the news van and opens the back door as Gale gets out.

Gale: Move it Kenny.

Kenny: They're not letting anybody in.

Gale: I'm not just anyone.