Chp 1. → For The Last Time

______________________________________

—— 30th October 1981 ——

"What kind of decorations are you planning that you need me to look after him?" Remus, sitting in the Potters' living room while playing with baby Harry, asked, looking at the Potter couple with his soon-will-be husband sitting right beside James. Lily and James both grinned, but with Lily's much more softer and and not showing much teeth, and looked at each other before they turned their head again and focus their eyes on their werewolf of a friend. "Last year was very hectic thanks to Dumbledore, we couldn't celebrate much with Harry. And with him being a newborn, we don't think we could celebrate it properly either," started James, leaning against the sofa and wrapped his right arm around Lily's slender waist. "We couldn't even put him in a costume that we made! A matching one! Soooo this time, we wanted to celebrate an extravagant Halloween! Which means, there are going to be an extremely extravagant decorations - it will obviously be loud - Padfoot can't be trusted-" ("hey!" Protested Sirius,) "- and the full moon had already passed, so it will be good if we hand him to you. After all, Harry will be safe because everyone - I bet including the mole, whoever it was - knows that you will be up north for your mission." Added James, finishing his long reasoning.

"That's the problem Prongs, I have to go up north for my mission - which involving a pack of werewolves - aka dangerous for Harry - and he is still the target whatsoever," Remus pointed out, looking sternly at James and then shifted his attention at Lily, the first woman he likes and has a crush on before he found out that he's actually gay. Remus wanted Lily to tell him that James was just making a very silly decision and she was not about to agree with it.

Oh but his wish was not to be fulfilled as Lily was not having the he-is-only-joking-and-make-a-stupid-choice-again kinda look, which means she is also in it. What did Remus even expects? Lily was already got corrupted by the Marauders influence and is now up to any prank as long as it is 'harmless' which equally mean she won't get caught and will still be viewed as the model student. Remus should not have allowed Lily to participate in one of their prank before, he regrets that decision now, even though that prank did strengthen Lily's and James's relationship.

"It's just for today, Remus," Lily said, covering her mouth to stiffle in the giggles from seeing Remus's exaparated face. "Tomorrow you can bring him back to us - oh shush, I know and well aware of your mission and where you're going to be, but a short floo travel wouldn't hurt you. But the way you need to cut the slack sometimes, rest," Lily added, cutting Remus off before he could even muster a word to refuse the request that the Potter couple are giving him right now. Remus shook his head fast, still refusing to proceed with the request, worrying over his and Sirius's godson's safety. "It's dangerous, I won't do it," he told them, placing Harry on his play mat after he had wriggling in Remus's arms and almost fall.