Chp. 2 → I Am His Godfather

______________________________________

Five in the morning, Remus was supposed to be ready to go to the north when there was a knock on his door. Be on alert, Remus picked up his wand and covered Harry with a Disillusionment Charm and Silencing Charm, making sure that he will not being seen and heard by whoever it is at the door. Walking to the door, Remus peeked outside through the small hole that was made on the door, to give him the access to see who is the guest that's standing at the front steps.

It was Dumbledore, and there's McGonagall beside him.

Remus frowned at the sight of his headmaster and deputy headmistress standing in front of his doorsteps. Why would they be here this early in the morning? Do they want to tell Remus something important before the mission? Deciding that it is best if he ask them himself, Remus unlocked his door and pulls it open, smiling at his two teachers who both smiling at him back. "Good morning, professors," Remus wished.

"Good morning, Remus. Will you invite us in?" Dumbledore flashed him his usual benign smile.

"Yes, yes. Please come in and have a seat. Would you like tea or coffee?" Remus asked while he closes the door after the two professors and stepped into his house. "Tea would be nice," answered McGonagall this time, nodding her head at Remus. Nodding his head while smiling, Remus flicked his wand, using magic to brew the tea before he flicked his wand again and cancels the charms he had put on his godson.

Harry was seen after that, sitting on the play mat that was surrounded by safety fence to make sure he didn't wander around. McGonagall was surprised at first as she didn't see Harry earlier, but her surprised was then replaced by a very relieved face as to see that the last remaining Potter is there safe and sound. She sat right next to Albus and thanked Remus when he handed her a cup of tea.

"Why are you here, professors?" Asked Remus, sitting on the sofa that is the closest to Harry.

"Have you not heard of the news yet, Remus?" Asked McGonagall, her voice was a little bit shaky, making Remus frowned a little bit as his former head of house had never speak in a shaky voice. Her voice was usually filled with a stern tone, this is shaky tone is pretty new to Remus. "What news?" Remus asked her. McGonagall looked down at her cup of tea, contemplating over something. She looks anxious and it makes Remus to be equally nervous. "What's wrong with the news? Professor Dumbledore?" Remus turned his attention to Dumbledore whose face mirroring McGonagall, but more to a sorrowful one and...mourning.

Remus's heart beating fast. Did one of the order member die again? If so, who is it? Is it one of his mates? Sirius? Peter? There's no way it's James and Lily, both of them was like him, living inside a house that was surrounded by countless of barriers, wards and As Fidelius Charm. "What happened? Why aren't you saying anything? Professors? What is it?" Remus asked, urging his professors to break the news to him, readying his heart to hear whatever kind of news is it.