C̶h̶a̶p̶t̶e̶r̶ O̶n̶e̶:̶ T̶h̶e̶ '̶V̶i̶n̶t̶a̶g̶e̶'̶ D̶o̶l̶l̶

𝙰/𝙽: 𝙻𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜, 𝙸 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 <𝟹

...

"Another three bodies were found by the Hackensack Mall last night. That brings the total body count to 11. Police are still searching for the mass murderer."

Someone walks up the stairs to a bedroom, feet rapidly hitting the floor. They slowly crept their way up to the back of a woman who was calmly brushing her hair. They're breathing deeply as they come closer to her until the woman turns around and faces them, letting out a startled gasp.

...

At a garage sale in the town of Hackensack, two teenagers were looking around to see what could catch their eye. The boy wearing headphones and looking at comics was Jake Wheeler. Next to him was his best friend, (Y/N) (L/N). She was looking through some calligraphy pens that were in an antique box.

Getting bored of the comic books, Jake looked around to see if there was anything else. His eyes searched around the objects until they caught a patch of red hair. Pulling out an earbud, he tapped (Y/N) on her shoulder repeatedly. "Hey, (N/N), (N/N), (N/N), (N/N)-"

"Hmm?" She turned to look at him with raised brows, closing the box.

"Look at that." He pointed at another table with a small smile. She turned and looked to see his finger was raised in the direction of an old-fashioned doll with red hair that was down to its shoulders. It was wearing a striped colorful shirt that was covered with a pair of overalls and red tennis shoes. (Y/N) blinked a few times before facing Jake again, this time with a playful disapproving look.

"Jake? You know, as much as I love being your best friend, I don't like another pair of soulless doll eyes staring at me." She huffed with an eye roll. Jake seemed to ignore her as he walked up to the toddler-sized doll and picked it up, getting a good look at it. (Y/N) threw her arms up and quickly dropped them to her sides. "And of course, he ignores my ass." She mutters, but a chuckle of amusement escapes her mouth as she quickly grabs the box full of calligraphy pens and follows up right behind him.

Ms. Charlie, the woman who was selling the items, came up to the pair. "Hi Jake, (Y/N). 15 for the pens and 20 for that. Sounds fair?"

"15/20 bucks?" The teens both said as they furrowed their brows, unsure why the prices were high. In their opinion, at least.

"Well, they got to be worth that, right?"

(Y/N) glanced at the doll before looking back at Ms. Charlie. "Hey, where'd you get the doll?"

"I have no idea. Must've been my daughter's, I guess. Honestly, I don't remember." She gives them a polite smile. "You into vintage?"

Jake huffs a laugh. "No, (Y/N) is more into vintage." (Y/N) shrugged her shoulders with a smile, agreeing with him. "For me, retro."

"Oh, what's the difference?" The blonde furrowed her brows, confused.

"About 10 bucks." Jake smiled.

"And, how about 8 for the pens?" (Y/N) smiled innocently, holding up the small box.

Ms. Charlie laughed in amusement at the two. "Fair enough." The teenagers gave their money to the blonde and said thanks.

"Tell both your dads I said 'hello'." Jake, being too focused on the doll, didn't respond and just walked away. However, (Y/N) gave her a nod before bidding goodbye.