C̶h̶a̶p̶t̶e̶r̶ T̶h̶r̶e̶e̶:̶ T̶a̶l̶e̶n̶t̶s̶ a̶n̶d̶ D̶e̶a̶t̶h̶

It was after school and (Y/N) explained to Jake what happened at home. After a whole lot of her going side-tracked and apologizing like crazy, he believed her story. Although, there was some 'I told you so's from him, making her jokingly take back the apology.

Now the two are sitting in the auditorium watching Devon play the piano. Samuel was with them, sitting next to (Y/N) as Jake's attention was all focused on the pianist on stage. When Devon finished, he stood up and bowed, everyone clapping for him.

"He's good." (Y/N) commented. The two boys with her nodded in agreement. When the applause stopped, Lexy came on stage, waving to the audience as she walked to the microphone.

"That was so beautiful, Devon." She complimented. "Was it meant for anyone special?"

"Only for you, Lexy."

Gag me with a spoon, (Y/N) thought as she grimaced at the stage. Lexy giggled, "I think you're lying~" She said the last word in a sing-song voice. The trio furrowed their brows in confusion as they watched the blonde.

"Okay, I see some familiar faces in the crowd tonight." She looks around the auditorium and her eyes stop at her family. "Hey, mom. Hey, dad. Hey, brat." The audience laughs and Caroline scrunches her nose at Lexy. "Oh, and I think I see Devon's mom. Mrs. Evans, you must be so proud." The spotlight turns to her as Jake, (Y/N), and Samuel look in her direction. It's clear that Mrs. Evans was startled by the sudden attention, but responded nonetheless, "Yes, I am."

Everyone awed and Devon waved to his mom. "And is that Jake Wheeler sitting across from you?" Some kids booed at him and (Y/N) rolled her eyes, crossing her arms. "Awe, look everyone. (Y/N) (L/N) is sitting with him!" Her eyes widened as the spotlight went to her and Samuel, "And look at that, she's even with Devon's best friend, Sammy!" It was clear to Jake and (Y/N) that the tone of the blonde was fake. The two sank into their seats as if trying to hide from everyone, which they were.

Lexy turned her focus on Jake again, "Hey, Jake, enjoying the show?"

"Uh, yeah."

"What did you think of Devon?" (Y/N) furrowed her brows at this. What is Lexy trying to do? She turned to Jake a little worried, not wanting him to be under pressure into saying anything he doesn't want to say.

"It was good." Lexy looked confused by his response and said, "Just good? Come on, Jake, don't be shy. Now is your chance to tell Dev and his mom what you really think." The audience went silent as they turned their attention to him. (Y/N) tilted her head closer to Jake and muttered so low so that only he could hear, "You don't have to say anything, Jake. Don't listen to her."

Seeing the little interaction, Lexy scoffed into the microphone, "I think Jake is a big boy, (Y/N). He doesn't always need your opinion on everything. Then again," She paused for a moment and then continued, "dead moms keeps the bond strong." Lexy shrugged and scrunched her nose at the girl in the audience. (Y/N) gritted her teeth and went to stand up from her seat, about to swat the hands from Jake and Samuel until another voice rang through the audience.

"Hey, Lexy! Lexy~. Why don't you pick on someone your own size?" The said girl, Jake, and (Y/N) twisted their faces into confusion as they looked around to see where the voice was coming from. Lexy squinted her eyes and raised a hand over them, trying to look closely around the audience. "Who is that?" (Y/N) looked behind her and her heart jumped, she tapped Jake's shoulder repeatedly, trying to get his attention. When she does, he looks to see where she was looking and his eyes widened as his stomach dropped.

Behind them was Chucky, the same Chucky that (Y/N) was sure she tossed away in the trash. The same Chucky that they were warned about in that mysterious call. The same Chucky that was sitting right behind them.