C̶h̶a̶p̶t̶e̶r̶ S̶i̶x̶:̶ D̶r̶i̶n̶k̶s̶ a̶n̶d̶ V̶i̶o̶l̶e̶n̶c̶e̶

Sammy: So it was the housekeeper?

Devon: Yeah, and my mom was saying how weird of a coincidence Jake and (Y/N) were at both of the scenes...

Samuel furrowed his brows at his friend's response. He pursed his lips and texted back.

Sammy: It's not like she suspects them of anything, right??

Devon: typing....

After a few seconds, Devon stopped typing, giving Samuel the answer he needed. He sighed and placed his phone on the counter, glancing up at the mirror in front of him. Samuel then touched up his hair a bit and smoothed out his costume. Once he was okay with his current state, he grabbed his phone and made his way out of the bathroom to the front door.

"Hey, Sammy. Hold on." A voice called out.

Samuel hummed in question as he turned around to face his mom. She stood there with a hand on her hip, an anxious smile across her face. A pause later, she just said, "Have fun and be careful, okay?"

She probably does too, Samuel thought as he nodded at her with a small grin. "Okay." And he made his way out the door to meet his best friend.

While walking with Devon, he got a text from (Y/N). Samuel's lips formed a disappointed frown at the words that danced across the screen.

(Y/N): Not really sure about it

"She's not coming?" Devon's voice broke him out of his thoughts. Samuel turned to him, "How'd you know?" His friend showed him his phone, Jake saying something similar.

...

Junior, now in his proper attire, climbed down the steps and made his way out the door. However, his steps made a stop once Bree walked up to him, "Hey, hang on, hang on. You're not still going to the party, are you?"

The boy let out a sigh, "Why not?"

"Well, I just thought after everything that happened today, you'd want to spend some time with your family." Junior shuffled his feet before gesturing to the door, "I just need to get out of the house, okay?"

"Wow." Logan let out, walking up to his wife and son, "You look great. Are those my medals?" Junior smiled and nodded as the man grabbed one of them, "Wow." He fixed up his collar and leaned back.

"What's Lexy going as?"

Junior shrugged, "It's a surprise."

Logan nodded, "You know, I think you two make a terrific couple. Glad to know you have someone like her."

His son licked his lips and blinked, "Thank you." He muttered and gestured to the door, "Uhm, Uber's here. I gotta go. See you guys later."

"Oh," said Bree, "what about Jake?"

Without a reply, Junior just continued his way out the door.

Both parents gave a glance to each other before turning upstairs, Logan shouted out to Jake, "Jake, your Uber's here!" Although the car left the moment Junior got in. Logan called out to Jake again.

Said boy trudged downstairs, turning his head to where his room was ever so often. He stood on the last step as Logan and Bree got a good look at his face, seeing a bruise on his left eye.

"Wow, Jake." Logan stated, "You look incredible." Bree commenting on how realistic it looked.

It was, in fact, very real.

"Who you supposed to be, though?" Logan questioned. Jake glanced away before giving a shrug, replying, "Victim of circumstances."

"Huh. That's great, Jake. I think Junior already took off. Do you want a ride?"