Chapter XVI

Chapter 16: Encounter 

''I know. She has been going through this for so long. Why does he keep bullying her?''

Namjoon made all the effort to try not to think this had anything to do with your injury and weird behavior before. He wanted to believe he heard something wrong, and it wasn't the case. The girls weren't talking with names, which made it even harder for him to stop thinking about it.

But how couldn't he? You were his precious little sister, and seeing you get hurt and lie about it didn't put him at ease at all. He still believed you hadn't just hit yourself to the door because that kind of bruise doesn't come from that. It comes from something else or someone.

Hearing what he was hearing didn't sound nice in any way. If this was indeed about you, he felt mad how people were talking behind you or his back about this. He also felt angry that they were feeling bad for this mysterious girl, yet they didn't do anything about it.

Maybe they were scared if they interfered in any way. But Namjoon wanted to know more as he stepped out of his little corner and approached the girls. They saw him coming, and he could see panic forming on their faces. 

They stopped talking about that topic and made a new one before Namjoon could reach them. But he saw them changing their way of talking and showing emotions after making eye contact with him. He knew.

''Oh, hey Namjoon, h-how are you?'' one of the girls said. She was Namjoon's age and also in the same classes as him, which made him even sadder that she hadn't come to him if this was indeed about you. He has done projects with Nayeon, so they were close.

''Hey, Nayeon, I heard you talking about something,'' he started, and Nayeon looked at her friend while gulping.

''Y-you did? Were you stalking on us?'' she asked.

''No, nothing like that. I was leaving home when I heard you guys talk about bullying and feeling sorry for someone. Who are you feeling sorry for?'' Namjoon questioned.

Now, there was an even more panicked look on Nayeon's and her friend's faces. Nayeon completely turned white after he had asked that question. There was no question that Namjoon had hit a jackpot in the matter.

''Oh, that, we were just discussing a new drama and its plot,'' Nayeon said and tried to seek help from her friend, who nodded in agreement.

''Yeah, you wouldn't know it. It is a more girly drama and pretty new, so not many know about it. In the plot, a girl is bullied, and the plot itself is a bit triggering because of why she is bullied,'' Nayeon's friend explained.

Namjoon didn't feel like believing them as they had pauses between explaining. And the sentence of the girl suffering for so long didn't add up if this was a new drama.

''Whatever,'' Namjoon said. He decided to leave the scene. The girls had no intention to tell him anything, but one thing was for sure.

He didn't believe it was a drama that they were talking about.

The school was finally over, and I got to go home. I knew I would practice the dance piece with Jungkook after school, but I had texted him that the teacher gave my class so much homework that it would take me the whole night if I didn't start them immediately.