Chapter IV

Chapter 4: Insecurities

After the class was over, I was totally out of the topic. I had no idea what we were discussing in class. I was out all that time thinking of Jungkook and his smile. I don't know how suddenly I was interested in him when after all, he is friends with my bully.

But as I said, he has never bullied me. It's always his other friends. Jungkook has never laid a finger on me or helped Jimin to get what he wanted.

But what if Jimin finds out that I'm with him?

Okay, I have never actually hung out with Jungkook. Maybe I can still affect this. Jungkook can't be with me. It will make Jimin angry because someone is defending me. And it wouldn't bring any good to Jungkook either.

''Why were you so out while in class?'' Solji asked in the middle of my thoughts. Yeah, I guess it shows.

''Nothing. I guess I just thought about what happened between Jimin and me in the morning,'' I replied, faking a smile. I can't let Solji know about this either. She won't approve of it.

I mean, she hates Jimin and his friends. If she sees me with Jungkook, she will tell me to stop it because she doesn't trust them. I don't either, but would you be friends with your ''bully''?

''Don't think about it anymore. Jimin is a douchebag. But, hey, I have music now. See you after school?'' She said and waved at me when she left.

As I'm majoring in dancing, Solji is in music like my brother is. So as expected, I have dancing now.

Unfortunately, Jimin has a dancing class as well.

I changed into more comfortable clothes in the girls changing room before walking to the dance studio. There were a few people in my class already waiting. Some of them were stretching and warming up.

I walked near the wall and started stretching myself as well. Jimin isn't here yet, and that's a good thing.

Although he isn't the only one taking a dance class, Jungkook is also here. It would be a great chance to talk to him. After all, he said we'll see here later. But as Jimin is here, I don't think I can.

Maybe I should take that as a hint that I shouldn't be Jungkook's friend.

Soon after, they arrived. I tried to turn back to them so they wouldn't see me. But as always, that was my dream but not a reality.

''Are you still thinking that dancing is your thing?'' Jimin asked as they reached me. I slowly turned to him because I knew damn well he didn't like it if people didn't look at him or listen to what he had to say.

''You better stay at the back of the studio. The front is mine,'' Jimin said as he walked closer to my face before leaving with his friends. I didn't say anything.

I didn't dare to do that.

The teacher came to the room. ''Okay, today is a little bit different than we usually do. I know we usually work individually, but dancing isn't always that. It doesn't have to be girl and boy,'' He said, and everyone started looking for a pair.

Did I tell you that I don't have friends in this class? I can imagine Jimin telling people not to be with me.

Everyone started having pairs, and I stood in the back of the studio, looking at my feet and playing with my fingers. No one seemed to be with me.

Until...

''Want to be my partner?'' I heard someone asking, and when I lifted my head, I saw Jungkook. I had to look around to make sure he was talking to me.

''I- I- is it a good idea?'' I asked, kind of whispering. He lifted his eyebrow. ''Why?''

''You know why...'' I said, once again looking at the floor. He got what I meant and sighed.

''I need a partner, and I want it to be you. It is a lesson. He can't decide everything,'' He smiled and took my hand as we walked to the center.

I could feel people staring at me.

And especially one person...