Chapter I

Chapter 1: Nightmare

One thing is for sure, why me? Why my life has to be like this? Why do I have to be afraid of going to school every morning? It isn't a comprehensive school, and we are not in high school. It shouldn't be like this. It should be fun and memorable.

Everyone always told me that I make new friends in college. There are no kids, immature teenagers, and loners.

Bullshit.

Whoever told me this must have had a good college life. When we are in college, I expect us to act like adults, but for some reason, specific people tend to be childish. Back in the days in high school, this was impossible for some teenagers.

When I got into college, I thought my life would change. But it didn't. I think it got worse. It was never good, but definitely, it was better than now.

''Y/n we gotta go now!'' my brother Namjoon yelled from downstairs. I guess I got up with daydreaming again. I noticed I was still sitting on my bed, reading the last notes for our exam today. I didn't even see the time flying so fast.

''Coming!'' I replied to him, grabbed my bag, stuffed the notebook in, and walked out of my room.

Namjoon is two years older than me. He is in the middle of his college studies. What a stroke of luck that a brother and a sister get into the same college. Most siblings would be annoyed by that, but what can you do if you have an interest that matches the college?

And if I'm being honest, I don't mind him being there.

He is interested in music. And our college is for arts and stuff, music, dance, sport, art, etc. He has always been interested in music. He has written a few songs by himself already. They are awesome.

On the other hand, I'm interested in dancing, but it's not my major. It's one of the side majorities. I'm also interested in managing the music industry. You know, being a manager of idols and groups. That stuff. That's also one of the things you can study here.

''What are you thinking? You have been out of this universe all morning,'' Namjoon cut my thoughts as we walked to school. We live pretty near, and there is no need for a car. He has a license, and so does I, but we only use it if needed.

I put a strand of hair behind my right ear and inhaled the fresh air deeply into my lungs. ''Nothing, I'm just nervous about my exam, that's all,'' I replied to him.

''You have been studying for it so long, I'm sure it will go fine,'' He smiled at me, showing his dimples that are so adorable in my eyes. I have them too, but not that ''strong''.

We have always had a good bond with each other. There is rarely any fight like most siblings have. Between us is the fire that flames through our dreams. He wants to be a music producer, and I am the manager of an idol. We complete each other. So whenever either of us needs pieces of advice or a listener, we are here for each other.

After arriving at school, we took separate ways. Namjoon has classes in another building than I do. I had promised to meet my friend Solji in the morning, so I sat on the bench near our classroom.

I took my notebook to make the best of this waiting. Usually, nothing goes into my head five minutes before the test, but it's worth trying. Maybe I am lucky this time.

''Y/n!'' I heard a familiar voice on my right side. I finished reading the last sentence and lifted my head to greet my best friend. She had run here. The hair was a mess, and she tried to catch her breath.

''Waking up earlier would have been a little help, don't you think?'' I asked as I stuffed the notebook back into my bag. She chuckled and sat next to me.

''Very funny, I was studying all night and overslept,'' She breathed out.

Yeah, she always does that. She isn't some crazy who studies weeks before.

But she has her ways. She does learn things in two days or even less. It takes more time for me. But she usually studies only the facts and nothing more. I go deeper.

''So what do you want to do after the test?'' She asked.

Yes, we have tests during the day and don't have other classes this morning. Just because the teachers think it takes more than two hours for us to finish the exam. On a good day, it doesn't, but sometimes it does.

''I don't know, we could go to eat good lunch outside of the school,'' I suggested.

''I like that idea. I heard the school isn't serving a good lunch today at the cafeteria wait for me,'' Solji smiled and took her notebook from her bag.

She knows she has to wait for me.

To my surprise, I finished the test before her. So now I was the one who had to wait. Well, I could work on my management project on the go.

I looked for a free bench near the classroom and sat on it. Before taking my supplies, I took out my phone to see if there were any messages from anyone. There wasn't. How typical. I never get texts other than from my brother, mom, and Solji.

I sighed, put my earphones on, and started reading the material for the essay. I was enjoying the music and didn't notice someone coming up to me.

I was so focused on the material that I didn't see the person in front of me until I saw a pair of legs near me. I recognize those shoes.

And here, I thought my day was going well.

I slowly lifted my head, only to meet the eyes of who makes my life a living hell. The person who makes me want to kill myself, end school, end everything. The person who makes me feel unwanted, discussed, and hated.

The person who makes me have nightmares when I wish I'd never wake up again.

I look into the eyes of my bully.

_________

Remember to give this chapter a vote ⭐️
and follow me on my Instagram @/taehyungslittleberry 🤍