Chapter II

Chapter 2: Torn into pieces

Those brown eyes were staring down at me. I already knew. He wants to humiliate me once again in front of his friends. And I let them do that.

Why?

I have never found a good reason not to.

At first, I defended myself, but it started getting much messier, and I just gave up and gave them what they wanted. Solji has always said to me that I should tell someone about this. That would make things better, huh?

No, it wouldn't.

It'd only make things even worse. Like I said before, this isn't high school or a younger grade than that. Here we don't go tell people that someone bullied us. That'd mean even more humiliation.

Solji is the only one who knows about this, other than the bullies themselves. Namjoon and my parents don't know anything. My bully is afraid of my brother. He tries to act cool around him.

People listen to him, and they aren't his slaves or something, but people respect him. He has done a lot for this school and others.

Plus, of course, he is older than him. He has to be polite to him.

I wish Namjoon would never find out. He couldn't bear it. He is graduating after this semester and trying to get into a school of art in a different city. If he'd known, he couldn't fill his dreams.

He'd worry about me and do everything he could to save me. That'd make him unfocused on his entrance exams and might cause him not to get to where he wants. I know his dreams and how much he works for those. I can't let that happen.

''Look who is here, being all nerd and everything,'' The bully said. I eye on him.

Park Jimin.

That guy is everyone's favorite, teachers, boys, and, of course, girls. People know what he does to me, but they don't care. They still see him as a God.

''Well, considering I want to get out of here, far away from you, I need to be the nerd,'' I said. I have some courage to say that, even though I know what it will cause.

''What did you just say?'' He started sounding angry. None of his friends said anything. They're always with him. They don't care what he does. At least, I think they don't.

In his company has Jeon Jungkook and Kim Taehyung. Jungkook is at my age and Taehyung in Jimin's. Jungkook still hangs out with them despite the age difference.

Then again, it's only two years. But Jimin and Taehyung are in a different class and grade than him. But they all have the same major and must have met through that.

Sometimes I think Jungkook has my side in this. After all, we are the same age. And he goes to the same dance classes as I do. He shows pity towards me when Jimin is saying something to me.

He is doing it at the moment as well. It bothers him, and he feels uncomfortable, not being able to do anything. But as he is younger, he must respect what his eldest does.

Taehyung, on the other hand, is almost the same as Jimin. In his eyes, I have never seen any pity. He doesn't say anything to me, sometimes he does, but he stands there with those cold eyes. They are both made for each other.

''Can I study? I'm waiting for Solji to get out if you could-'' I started, but I knew I couldn't finish my sentence when he pushed all my books and papers on the ground. I had to stand up.

''Jimin!'' I yelled.

He picked up the essay I had been working on for a week. He looked me into my eyes and tore the papers into small pieces. Then he let all the pieces fall back to the ground as I looked at them, slowly moving down, tears in my eyes.

He turned away from me and started walking away. My knees failed me, and I fell on the ground on my knees, taking those little pieces into my hands and hoping there would still be a slight chance I could fix it.

I still saw a pair of legs near me, and I looked up to see Jungkook, of course. Taehyung had caught up with Jimin already. ''Jungkook are you coming or not!?'' He yelled, and Jungkook flinched. He looked at me one more time before walking away.

Out of all things, he had to do this. I have been working on this for so long. I put a lot of effort into this. And now it's gone.

I hate him. I hate him so much.

But I hate myself more for opening my mouth and making him angry.

''Y/n!'' I heard someone yelling at me. Oh no, now Solji is here, and I know what she thinks of him.

''What happened? Why are you in the ground, why your notebook is torn apart, and why are you crying-'' She didn't finish the sentence because she figured it out without finishing it. I didn't see her face, but I knew she was about to run fast.

''That piece of garbage I'm going-'' She was ready to stomp away, but I stopped her.

''No, don't. Don't make it worse than it already is,'' I said with a weak voice and started gathering the pieces.

Solji watched, pitying me on the ground before she helped me. Somehow she wanted to help, but she didn't know how. I always told her not to do it, but she was going to do something about this.

She can't watch her best friend lose her mental health.

_____

Remember to give this chapter a vote ⭐️
and follow me on my Instagram @/taehyungslittleberry 🤍