Have You Ever...?

"Man you throw one mad punch..." Greysons voice lingers in my surroundings, my eyes are open but my vision is still foggy. It's funny how easily guys forgave each other no silent treatment or rumors needed.

" Thats because I WAS mad..." a voice boom.

The booming, damaged, evasive voice of course belongs to Blake and the lingering,soft spoken, carefree one to Greyson.

"You stay here, she'll be happy to see you when she wakes up, I'll go get her some pain relievers." Greyson says compassionately and insincerely. Blake responds with inaudible words.

My vision clears up and I am overwhelmed by a thick cloud of grey, and peeling walls. There is no one else in the room but myself. To my left, where the boys seemed to be is a loosely hinged door.

"Where am I?" I mumble trying to sit myself up, but collapse back into the rigid pillow. Everything within my environment is grungy and rundown, including myself.

"Finally awake now?" Blake enters the room, he doesn't have to open the door because it manages to open itself. I roll my eyes and shut them again. I'm not exactly sure why I am the one mad at him.

"Im sorry Lori," Sorry, sorry was the last thing I wanted to hear, sorry was the word I dreaded the most. Sorry was my weakness. I was always the one suppose to be apologizing, but people were always apologizing to me. Sorry, was a reminder that I messed up. Sorry reminded me of how inhuman I was. "I overreacted, Grey explained to me what happened, I misunderstood and im sorry." I slowly creep my eyes back open in time to see Blake's body leaning in for an embrace but instead a snug butterfly touch lands on my forehead. Blake's kiss feels like nothing, it's forced and in a way required. I cringe at it and turn my head in the opposite direction.

What was there to misunderstand? What he saw was what happened, what did Greyson tell Blake? Whatever it was I was thankful he did.

"Okay, I can take a hint," Blake involuntarily stands up and walks away.

"Wait," I grab his arm and my hands gravitate towards his hand and his fingers interlaced with mine. I know Blake prefers to feel unwanted and I knew this was his weakness; feeling wanted. I feel bad only wanting him when I needed him but I can't help it, it's in my nature.

"I want to go home." I plea. Knowing if I baby enough to him I can get my way.

"You want a lot of things." he says. My heart skips a beat with these words. Im not hurt, im not allowed to be hurt. I'm just surprised.

I can't believe he's being cold towards me.

Blake lets go of me, one finger at a time and continues out the door. Blake has built a stronger, taller wall in the last couple hours and even I couldn't break it now.

"Blake!" I call out after him, without having a certain reason. His footsteps fade into the distance, but his scent never leaves the area; he didn't leave me, he just wasn't next to me. Reassured, that he couldn't bring himself to leave me I close my eyes and drift back to a tranquil place.

"Aspen get down from there right now!" The rushing water crashes down onto the earth around me.

"I can do it Lori." She yells back at me. I can't hear her very well over the roaring water.

"Please stop you can't even swim!" My voice cracks at please.

" So what? I jump, grab onto the vine and swing over to the curb, it can't be that hard." She says taking off her flip flops and removing her shirt.

" What if you don't make it. And you fall in the water?" I begin to choke, there was such little chance she wouldn't make it but Aspen has the worst luck.