CHILLY | INBETWEEN

[written by 🦦]

AUTHOR'S NOTE

i started this one shot weeks ago and it's finally finished. i'm not at all happy with how it turned out, so you've been warned. ;) however, i hope you can still enjoy it. this isn't the type of storyline i usually go for so it was quite difficult for me to write. also english isn't my first language, that being said: feel free to correct any mistakes i made. constructive criticism is always welcome! <3

"Relationships are a waste of time, Mase," Ben had said a thousand times, over and over again

"Relationships are a waste of time, Mase," Ben had said a thousand times, over and over again. "They are time consuming and stressful and honestly, you are better off without." And you won't get hurt.
Mason had rolled his eyes at him. In his opinion Ben was probably just someone who liked to fuck around too much or maybe he thought his best friend had commitment issues — in whatever case, Ben had been right all along . . .

________________________

It was a rainy day and dark clouds were covering the sky. Ben thought it was way too cold and if the depressing weather wasn't bad enough already, training just didn't seem to work out for him today. "Come on Ben! One more time!" Thomas shouted.
Five minutes later Ben sighed in relief as training ended. He quickly wanted to get dressed and just drive home, watch a movie or read a book, for all he cared he needed to get away — today just wasn't meant for him.
As he walked up to the dressing rooms, Mason stopped him. "Hey Ben, stop for a second there." The older one looked at his best friend and Mase smiled awkwardly at him. "What's up mate?" he asked and Mason scratched his head. "Well, uhm- I met a girl." Ben raised an eyebrow at him. Mason didn't meet girls very often, he used to have crushes, but it rarely became more than some Instagram-shit-chat. Usually Ben wasn't involved in that, anyway, as Mason knew his opinion on dating. A fucking waste of time.

"So?" he asked. "You met a girl, now what?" Mason shrugged. "Well I'm going to meet her in an hour, it's our second date." "Well, that's great for you." Ben wanted to keep moving forward, but Mason stopped him again. "Well, I kinda want you to join us?" Ben sighed and looked at Mason in disbelief. "Are you serious man? For what reason? You know, I think most girls don't like if their date brings a friend of theirs." "I want your opinion, alright? I don't wanna run into something by being love-blind." Ben had the urge to say 'No', however, Mase's begging eyes and his soft smile made him give in. "And what reason will you name for taking me with you? Sorry, whatever her name is, my friend Ben here was bored so I brought him with me?" "Yeah, something like that should work." "You are an idiot. We'll say your car was broken so I had to drive you and it's the only way you get back home. Still, you are an idiot and that plan is dumb." Mason shrugged his shoulders, for all he knew Ben's opinion mattered to him, and even though he was probably right and the plan was stupid, he didn't want to get hurt again, like he did in the past.