KEPA | HOROSCOPE

[written by 🦦]

༺‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾。・:*:・゚༻

༺‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾。・:*:・゚༻

TWO BIRDS ON A WIRE
ONE TRIES TO FLY AWAY
AND THE OTHER WATCHES
HIM CLOSE ON THAT WIRE
— two birds, regina spector

༺‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾。・:*:・゚༻

"Let me read your horoscope", Ella begged and Kepa rolled his eyes at her. „Seriously?" His best friend nodded at him with excitement and the brunette goalkeeper sighed. He wouldn't be able to stop her anyway.

Ella and him had been friends for three years now. The German had transferred from Wolfsburg to the women's team of Chelsea, having won multiple titles since. She was a midfielder and Kepa loved watching her play. Ella was a smartass, not only besides the pitch but also on it. It was unreal to him how well she read the game, in his opinions she had everything in her that would make her a great coach someday. Except for her stubbornness maybe, that had lead her into various situations she had regretted afterwards — Ella simply wasn't able to compromise, neither did she want to.

Ever since him and Ella had met, a rather embarrassing story, so Kepa thought, they had been inseparable. She told the story of their first meeting at every other party or event, always leading to Kepa's cheeks blushing and him drinking another glass of champagne just so he could hide his embarrassment. Ella was a pain in the ass, but to be fair so was he. The pair of them loved to annoy each other and they were great at it.

"Libra", she read out loud now, leading to the Goalie groaning. "You know I hate that kinda stuff", he complained in his heavy Spanish accent. "And I love it, bare with it, idiot." He shot her an annoyed glance, however he wasn't really mad at her. A part of him even slightly enjoyed it. She cleared her throat. "Libra", Ella repeated. "The next few weeks might be harder for you than you would expect. There are lots of surprises coming your way, they may be positive but look out for the side effects you might cause. Have faith in yourself and believe in your heart to take the right decisions, however never let go of the things most important to you."

"Bullshit", he mumbled. "I'm not finished sweetie." He rolled his eyes at her nickname for him, at least it wasn't one of the German ones he didn't even understand — all he knew was that Kai had laughed about them a few times too often. "Alright what else? Will I win the lottery?" She raised her eyebrows and left his stupid question uncommented. "Your love life will take a turn you wouldn't expect — but be aware: it might not be rosy." "Well my love life is non existent." "Well about that you're right, once in your life." She grinned at him and put the magazine to her left on a little table. "What about yours?", Kepa asked. "My horoscope is way more boring than yours."

Ella and Kepa met regularly at the training center. They lived at opposite ends of the city so it was easier to meet up before or after training. They knew each others schedule by heart, they even had access too each other's digital calendar. Their teammates sometimes rolled their eyes at them for being so codependent, only Kai really understood their friendship on the same level. He had told them it hadn't been much different with him and Julian Brandt at Leverkusen.