TRAVERTZ | I'M FINE

[written by 🦦]

tw! panic attacks, anxiety,
alcohol

a/n: i started writing this
a while ago so don't get too
confused by the storyline :)

a/n: i started writing thisa while ago so don't get too confused by the storyline :)

« I'M FINE »

playlist. run boy run — woodkid
faith — malik harris
stone — jaymes young
lonely eyes — lauv
trampoline — shaed & zayn
shelter — finneas

« YOU DON'T LOOK FINE »

— ☄. *. ⋆ —

POV : KAI HAVERTZ
He was running. And running. And running. Kai didn't know how far he had run yet, he had no watch counting the kilometers, didn't quite know where he had actually been, instead the darkness had wrapped him up in a comforting feeling. He had lost sense of time and space for a while and now he stood in front of his house again, the branches of the trees around leaving spooky shadows on the stone walls.

His breath was uneven, too fast, as if he was out of training — but he wasn't. Just this morning he had completed team training. But Kai's mind was off. A thousand thoughts creating a chaos that made him feel out of touch with himself, out of control.

The last weeks had been a total fuck. First they had lost the EFL Cup to fucking Liverpool, then the sanctions had started to interrupt their everyday life and the situation had started to become more serious every day. Eventually the players had agreed to refrain from their wage for a month, had to see staff members leave, sponsors cancelling their contract. And even though they put their whole heart into the games, worked hard to make their fans happy, forget for 90 minutes about the situation — something in them broke. And Kai thought, maybe in him broke something more.

He had found a home in Chelsea, a family. And his family was about to fall apart. None of them knew how the story was about to continue, players who had been unsure whether to leave or stay in summer were on the edge of their seats, and nobody knew what to say. Because what actually was there to stay when your club was falling apart, possibly dying?

But there was one person that made Kai forget about everything going on for a few seconds. It was ironic. Because part of why he felt bad was still the loss against Liverpool, because he actually wanted to win, because he had tried everything — but it wasn't enough. Never was. But then Trent Alexander-Arnold had had the audacity to step into his life.

After their little fight on the pitch Trent had apologized to him, Kai had too. Trent had sent him an Instagram message two days later. Kai could recall it. "Sorry about the scene & sorry for your keeper. You played a good game, made it quite hard for our defence. Good luck for your next games." Kai had been confused by the message. Causing incidents on the pitch wasn't unusal, especially in heated games like that, and he wasn't used to getting apologized to for things like that.