TRAVERTZ | APOLOGY

[written by 🦦]

author's note.
because the scene on the pitch
has so much potential and i
quite simply can't get the idea
out of my head.

also i'm not as familiar with
trent as i am with the other
players i normally write about
so hopefully it's still believable.
(then again this is a os so—)

this is also quite short but enjoy <3

ps: reupload because of the name change
pss: petition to call this ship travertz

ps: reupload because of the name changepss: petition to call this ship travertz

SUN, FEBRUARY 27th.

Holy fucking shit. What was that?

The sweat was still dripping from Kai's skin and he found himself starring at the wall in front of him. The silver medal was lying next to him on the bench and the whole squad was quietly changing into everyday clothes. Nobody was really in the mood for talking, they were all reminiscing the game, thinking about what or whether they could've done something to prevent them from losing. Of course they could have. Kai could've scored. But he had let every chance turn into dust. They all had.

But truly that wasn't what his mind was spinning around for minutes now. His head was full on analysing what had happened on the pitch with Trent Alexander-Arnold. He couldn't even quite remember what had led to the scenario, just that suddenly all he had seen were Alexander-Arnold's dark brown eyes almost piercing into his soul. The heat in his breast had been swelling and then suddenly a kid from the other team had pushed him. And then the game was back on but Kai's mind wasn't fully there. He was fairly sure, him scoring his penalty was simply a coincidence.

He noticed someone taking the seat next to him and turned his head to look at Christian. "You alright, mate? You look kinda into your head." Kai sighed and shrugged his shoulders. "Don't know, honestly. What about you?" "Life goes on. In the end it was mostly luck, right? Liverpool deserved it, so did we. One team had to win. Can't split the trophy into half." Kai chuckled. "Imagine holding half a trophy into the camera." He then got a bit more serious again, sighed and nodded. "You are right. How's Kepa doing?" "He'll be fine. In the end he'll be aware that it wasn't his fault." Christian was right, Kai knew that, and he wished he could be as optimistic himself. But losing sucked. Losing to Liverpool sucked. And then he found himself thinking about a certain right back again. "Hey, Chris, when's our bus leaving? Are the Liverpool players still here?"

Christian seemed slightly confused by his question and narrowed his eyebrows before he gave Kai an answer. "I think in an hour or something, I think the Liverpool players are celebrating in one of the event rooms here. Supposedly they are having a big celebration tomorrow? Why do you wanna know?" Kai shrugged. He didn't have a solid answer to that. "Uhm." He took a deep breath. "Thought it might be a good idea to apologize to Alexander-Arnold?" Christian raised an eyebrow. "Kai, Liverpool literally just won. I don't think he cares much about your little fight now." The American was probably right. But Kai did care. Even though he couldn't quite pinpoint the reason. His teammate sighed. "Well off you go then, Havertz. You won't listen to me anyway. I'll cover for you in case someone asks or you are late."