BRAVERTZ | STARCROSSED

[written by 🦦]

sequel to kepa | horoscope
(no need to have read it)

sequel to kepa | horoscope(no need to have read it)

༺‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾。・:*:・゚༻

AND I WANT YOU TO KNOW
YOU COULDN'T HAVE LOVED ME
BETTER BUT I WANT YOU TO MOVE
ON SO I'M ALREADY GONE
— already gone, sleeping at last

༺‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾。・:*:・゚༻

march 2022.
Kai had broken something. Broken something that was already too fragile, paperthin, just waiting to be ripped into a hundred pieces. He ripped it into a thousand.

He had broken something he couldn't even quite grasp, like sand slipping through his fingers. Something he had never been able to put into words, a feeling so rare he wouldn't be able to describe it. And now it was gone. All gone. And maybe, so Kai thought, he could've saved it. All of it.

༺‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾。・:*:・゚༻

november 2021.
Kai left the pitch with heavy breathing. They had won 4-1, he had scored a goal and it felt amazing. But most importantly: It was the first time in years he had played together with Jule. It had only been thirty minutes and still, it had felt like the biggest gift to him. Spending time together had become a rare occasion and every minute was priceless.

As he walked towards the dressing rooms Julian quickly joined him. "I'm proud of you bro", he said and pulled Kai into a short side hug. The taller one softly smiled at the nice words. He cared for Julian's opinion, a lot, too much probably. Kai and Jule had always been a team. For years. They had understood each other blindly, still did. They knew each other better than anyone else and had a bond no one could break. Two birds of a feather, two peas in a pod, Bonnie and Clyde. There were a thousand examples, metaphors, none of them coming close to what it meant to them. Even after Julian had transferred to Dortmund and Kai had found his new home in London, at Chelsea, they still remained an unbreakable duo. Until now.

Das Duo wird für immer leben. Kai remembered the words of Jule's comment underneath his Instagram post all too well. The duo will live on forever. And for a long time Kai had been sure about that, he and Jule? Nothing could come between them. Nothing except for a thing so uncontrollable, destructive and incalculable as it was possible. Nothing except for love.

Kai had always had a slight crush on Jule, nothing too big, more of a fantasy, something he thought about when he lied awake at night. But it had been just that, a crush. Something you faced in high school. Something nobody would take seriously. Their friendship had always been priority number one to Kai and it had been enough. But as they got older and more mature, Kai had slowly started to develop true feelings for his best friend. At first it had been just small glances towards his direction, then pulling him in for longer hugs, his heart had started to flutter and after a few weeks his pulse became increasingly high when coming closer to the older one.