Chapter 2

Knock knock knock
I woke up puzzled, to the sound of my door shaking. I sat upright rubbing my temples, and checked the time. 5:36PM

I got up and made my way to the door.
The person was banging hard now,
KNOCK KNOCK

"OK OK IM COMING GOOD LORD." I swung the door open to find Jordan with pizza hanging out of his mouth. "Pizza's here." He said and walked away, swinging his hips. I rolled my eyes.

My stepbrother Was hella annoying, but with his hazel eyes and chocolate hair, slim athletic figure and cute crooked smile, it was hard to believe he was still single. He had a girlfreind named Kayla and she was sweet, but they had a mutual breakup. Now he spends most of his time playing Xbox and watching Brain Games on Netflix.

But that's irrelevant. What I was saying, was that he can be annoying, but he is incredibly sassy. He sways his hips like a model and grins like a physco path. When I first met him, I thought he was gay. Then I witnessed he and Kayla making out, and not only was I scarred for life, I immediately changed my thought. I guess he's just naturally sassy.

I walked downstairs and met a slice of pizza on the counter. "Is this for me?" I asked my dad, who was in the kitchen with his back turned to me "yup." He replied, and I started to devour my pizza.

By the time he turned around, I was done and I started scrolling through my Twitter notifications.

"Dang you inhaled that." He said, as if he'd never seen me eat my food in a timely record. I just grinned and Jordan shook his head, starting on his third piece.

"Crust?" He asked. "Take it." I said, and he pumped his fist in the air as he happily took the crust of my pizza.

"Crust is good for you", my dad said, giving me a look that clearly said I was being ridiculous, why didn't I like crust? Honestly, it's too plain.

I'm very picky when it comes to my food. My dads sapphire eyes shined oddly in this lighting, and I crooked my neck, studying them.

"Whatcha lookin at?" He asked, "you," I said, "what color were moms eyes?" I asked, trying to cover the sadness in my voice with curiosity. He smiled. "Your mother had dark, mysterious eyes, as much as I tryed, I could never see her emotions through them." He said

"Do I have her eyes?" I asked, he chuckled. "Your easier to read than the cover of a cereal box." He said, his voice full with sarcasm. Jordan laughed and I blushed, and punched him in the arm. "You have more medium brown eyes, but you look so much like your mother, I see her every time I look at you." He said

I tryed not to cry at that. I never met my mom, she had a c-section when I was born, and unfortunately the surgery for that went wrong....

In other words, I survived, my mom didn't.

It was sad because we don't even have a picture of her.

"Come on, Aqua, I wanna talk to you for a sec," my dad said and gestured for me to follow him outside.

"So we haven't really gotten a lot of quality time together, you and me." He said. "Dad, it's ok, I mean really-" I started to say but he cut me off, "I want to take you to the pier. Tomorrow." He said. I was shocked, "dad, Id love too! But wait, what about school?" I asked. "Your ok with missing just one day, right?" He said with a grin.

I probably had the dorkiest smile on my face but I gave him a big hug, "thank you daddy!!!" I said and he laughed, "ok, now go get packed." He told me, and I ran up to my room, beaming with delight. Tomorrow was going to be amazing.