Chapter 7

Marin

So here's where things get interesting. Oh, sorry, Marin here. There was NO WAY I was going to let Aqua narrate this part, this is when we met Asher, and she was drooling all over him.

Oh shut up Aqua, you might as well have written "I THINK YOUR HOT" across your forehead.

Anyway, where did She lead off? Georgia? Ok. So, basically nothing exiting happened during our little "road trip" but we did make it to Long Island sound.

We were driving down an abandoned road, that was dotted with tall oak trees and pine trees.

The weird thing was as we got closer to our destination, the more awake I was. I felt rushes of adrenaline course through me at random times. As if I was exited about something and I couldn't sit still.

My vision became sharper, and I felt totally different on the inside, like... More awake. I was noticing every detail out of the corner of my eyes.

I noticed some physical appearance changes as well, I burrowed a compact mirror from Aqua, and found that my eyes were a different color green, like they had a crystal, silver-y look to them. I barley remembered I was wearing glasses. I tried taking them off so see if my vision had changed completely, but everything became a blur. Oh well, guess I still need them.

I even heard these voices inside my head, that I couldn't quite make out. Ok, I'm going insane.

Anyway, I noticed that as we were driving down the abandoned road, we passed a broken sign that said something about a strawberry farm.

We finally stopped at the bottom of a huge hill.

And I mean huge.

"We're here girls." Aqua's dad said, and he actually stopped the car. We all got out and began to climb the hill.

More like a mother flyin fücking mountain.

Anyway, when we finally got to the top, standing there was the biggest pine tree I have ever seen, with something gold shimmering in its lower branches.

I held in a scream as I noticed the dragon curled up in front of it, it looked like it was asleep.

"Dad... What is this place?" Aqua asked with confusion and annoyance in her voice, as she nodded to the sign that clearly read,

Camp Half-Blood

He stepped forward, but ran into nothing.

Wait, what?

Aqua's dad stumbled as he walked right into an invisible force, that had a blue tone to it, and circled around in front like a dome.

"I can't go past here girls, your going to have to take it from here." He said.

"Dad, no!" Aqua screamed, "please, you can't go, I need you!" She was clinging on desperately to him now.

He hugged her, "Aquila, you are very very brave, you can do this with out me, it is your destiny! I must go. They will explain everything to you." He told her.

I felt awkward, out of place. I never had a relationship like that with my dad. Not even close.

I pretended to have a sudden interest in the ground.

Aqua's dad gave her a kiss on the forehead, and then before we knew it, he was trudging down the hill, going to fast so he knew we wouldn't try to catch up and follow him.

"You ok?" I asked Aqua nervously. I didn't want to push her buttons, but we were in this together.

"Yeah, I'm fine," she said as she wiped the tears from her eyes, "let's just get into this stupid camp." She said.