Chapter 12

Aqua

"Yeah" I exhaled, slipping my hands in my back pockets.

"It's about this dream I've been having." I continued.

"I think I know who my mother is," I spoke carefully, afraid to say any more out loud.

Chiron crossed his arms. "This calls for a meeting, right now."

"I thought this could be a discussion between us." I mumbled, a little hurt.

"Claimings are a big deal," he explained, "it's better if we have a meeting about this."

"If you say so." I sighed.

***
A few minuets later, everyone circled the ping pong table.

"Aquila has something to share." Chiron stated, flashing me a reassuring look.

All eyes on me.

I cleared my throat. "I've been having this dream." I started.

"It's been continuous. Starting with the first night I spent here at camp.

"It wasn't until last night I could understand it. There was this woman talking to me, and although she seemed really young, I know she's my mother.

"There were stars, that's all I could see. But the voice said something about me claiming myself, does anyone know what that means?"

Everyone was silent. "It's normal for Gods to look young, since they're immortal they can take whatever form they desire, whatever age." A girl said, she had dark skin and dark hair in a long pony tail. There was a bow slung on her right shoulder.

I nodded. "There's something else.

"She told me, my mom, that I had one clue. 'Name after middle'. What could that mean?" I asked.

"Last name?" Asher offered.

I thought that for a second.

"Aqua," Chiron spoke, "say your last name."

I paused. "You know it, don't you?"

He nodded. "If you say it out loud, under these circumstances... I have a theory."

"Nightshade." I stated. "My last name is Nightshade."

Silence.

And then, I was claimed.

A bright dark blue illuminated the room. I glanced above my head, and the image of a star started to fade.

"Zoë nightshades daughter!"
"Is this illegal?!"
"She broke her vows..."
"Does Artemis know?!"

Was some of the conversation I caught before everyone's voices turned to complete chaos.

___

I haven't updated this story in so long! I'm so sorry! I've had other priorities but I'm happy to say that I have every chapter of this story officially planned out all the way till the end. Thank you so much for reading babes, I hope you enjoyed to as much as I did writing it. (Don't worry, there's still a few more updates) and also: Merry Christmas !!💚❤️ and of course happy holidays. Much love from caycay