A new candidate

Sarvente POV:

Sigh. Nobody seems to be coming to church lately... The last person who came here was months ago. But that person only wanted to come here so that he could have a place to stay. This isn't a hotel, this is a church for god's sake! Oh, dear. How am I supposed to do good in this world if nobody even comes here? Should I start hanging posters around the city..?

While Sarvente was mindlessly gazing out the window, she spotted a figure in the distance.

Who's that..? A new candidate? Oh my goodness! A NEW CANDIDATE??

Sarvente's eyes sparkle on seeing this mysterious figure and Sarvente rushes out of the church and went straight to that blurry figure.

"Greetings! Are you interested in joining?" Sarvente said excitedly while staring into the random person's eyes.

He was a tall gray male who was wearing an ushanka and a large coat.

"..."

He kind of looks like the guy in the wanted posters now that I think of it... Should I uh be scared..? Oh, whatever. It's been months since I've seen a person come over here to the church. Might as well see what kind of person he really is.

"Come inside! Then we can discuss. Okay?"

The mysterious person just glared at Sarvente while just standing there.

"Not the talkative type are you haha! Well, that's fine. You don't have to talk. Now come on!"

Sarvente took the mysterious person's hand and dragged him inside the church into the main hall and closed the doors.

"So what brought you here to this church?"
"...."

Seems like he doesn't trust me.

"Running away from the cops?" Sarvente chuckled while smiling innocently at the mysterious person.

His eyes turned wide and he just stared at Sarvente while tightening his fists. Ready to fight if he needs to.

"Don't worry! I won't report you to the police. I actually don't mind you here as long as you can become part of this church!"

"..."
"How can I trust you."
The mysterious person muttered while glaring at Sarvente.

"You finally spoke up! Well, I'm just a friendly nun trying to get people to join my church. What is there not to trust about that?"

"A 'friendly nun' wearing a nun outfit from the dollar store."

"Aha..haha.. let me go get us some snacks!!"

Before the mysterious person could answer, Sarvente was already gone to get snacks.

After a few minutes Sarvente came back with a bowl full of Biscuits and placed it on a table.

"How about we take a seat?"

Sarvente sat on the wooden chair near the table and stared at the mysterious person. He hesitated to sit at the table, but the pressure of her staring at him was too strong so he decided to sit across from Sarvente.

"Now let's start off by telling each other our names! My name is Sarvente. What's yours?"

"... Ruvyzvat."

"That name seems hard to pronounce... Can I just call you Ruv?"

"... Fine Sarv."

"D-DID YOU JUST CALL ME SARV?? OH MY GOSH, that is such a cute nickname!!"

Sarvente squealed while looking at Ruv happily. Startled, Ruv looks away embarrassed.

"Sorry... Got too excited there ehe..."

Sarvente quickly took a cookie from the bowl and ate the cookie while looking at Ruv, trying to tell him that the cookies are safe.

"ANYWAYS. Let me ask you this again. What brought you here to this Church, Ruv?"

Ruv looks down not knowing what to say.
Sarvente sighs.

"You make the air smell like updog."

"What's updog...?

"Nothing much. What's up with you?"

Ruv looks at Sarvente confused and Sarvente starts to laugh.

"What? You seriously don't understand?"
Sarvente explains the joke to Ruv.

"... I don't get how that's funny."

"OH MY GOODNESS RUV IT'S HILARIOUS!!"

Ruv stares at Sarvente with an emotionless face.

"Sorry. I just had to pull that there. AHEM. Do you have anywhere to stay?"

"No."

"Would you like to join the church and stay here?"

Ruv thinks for a moment.
If I were to join the church it would be a great hiding spot from the police. I doubt the police would go looking in churches to find me.

"Sure."
"WAIT really???"
"Yeah."
"OH MY GOSH!! A new candidate after years!!"

Sarvente jumps up and down excitedly.

"Well welcome to this Church, Ruv!"

"Pleasure."