Regrets

Sarvente's POV

Ruv was on top of Sarvente, holding her arms firmly onto the ground

"LET GO OF ME"
Sarvente shouted as she tried to get rid of his grip

"JUST HEAR ME OUT!!"
Ruv shouted

"OKAY OKAY FINE!!!"

"I was just a kid when I committed all of those crimes. I was born into a very poor environment. My family left me and I had no friends either. No one to tell me that what I was doing was right or wrong. When I was a child I had a very strong sense of justice. I wanted to so desperately bring it to the world. That was my dream back then.
I someday discovered that people with higher ranks in society committed many huge disturbing crimes. Even worse than those crimes you see on TV. I've seen many of them happen first hand. They didn't go to prison or get any punishment for their crimes whatsoever. Just because of their power. When I learnt about this, I was infuriated. It was so unfair. And I couldn't just sit around and watch all of this mayhem happen right in front of my eyes. So I started to assassinate these corrupted higher ranked people in an attempt to bring justice. After that everyone saw me as a heartless killer although I saved many lives by doing so. But around the time I met you, I realized that killing people wasn't the answer. I wasn't aware of the pain and suffering I also caused. I stopped committing these crimes, trust me. Please believe me..."
Ruv said with tears welling up in his eyes

"Then why'd you kill Taki?"
Sarvente said with regret in her voice

"I had no other choice! She's an inhumane creature! if I didn't kill her she would have been after my neck later on. Also when she swung that chainsaw at you... My anger just took over."
tears started to roll down Ruv's cheeks as he spoke

Sarvente had never seen Ruv cry like this so she felt a bit overwhelmed and confused

Sarvente looked away not sure what to do

"That's all I needed you to hear."
Ruv got up and wiped his tears with his hands

Sarvente sat up silently and watched Ruv walk away

"Goodbye, Sarvente."
Ruv walked away

Suddenly Ruv collapsed onto the ground
"shit"

Sarvente ran next to Ruv

"Are you okay??"

"I'm fine my legs are just tired. We did run for around an hour after all."
Ruv uttered as he laid down on the grass, raining pouring right onto his face

Sarvente sat next to Ruv and chuckled
"You idiot! why were you running after me in the rain for an hour just to tell me why you committed those crimes??"

"Because I wanted you to know"
Ruv said with a serious tone

"that badly??"

Ruv nodded

Sarvente giggled, kind of liking how desperate Ruv was on her knowing the truth.
"I guess we're both stubborn huh."
"But I shouldn't have assumed you were a heartless killer... Media can have a lot of propaganda these days. You just wanted to help people and just wasn't taught how to do it the right way. But you've changed right? You've stopped your killings? Promise me that?"

"Yes I promise I stopped. Unless there's someone that wants to hurt us."
Ruv swore meaning every word he said

Sarvente looked down at Ruv with regret in her eyes
"I'm so sorry for running away like that.. That was immature of me. I should've just listened to your reasoning in the first place. I was just so scared of ruining my goal of helping people into heaven.. I'm really sorry for being so naive."