My Life In A Nutshell

I exited my house with a bottle of water and laptop in hand. I had a day off from college so I might as well get some extra work done. I sat down at the quietest part of a nearby park's outside seating area and got straight to work. I was researching about mutant genes and genomes since I wanted to be a scientist when I finished college at Oxford University. I was most interested in the mutant X gene because I had it in my DNA. I was a mutant. Not your ordinary run-of-the-mill mind reader but something really rare, I have the ability to use any mutation imaginable to my advantage. Without realizing it, my fingers go faster than the speed of light and randomly search from websites to journals to blogs about mutants. I stop at a thesis written by Professor Charles Xavier and I gaped. He was my hero when it came to mutant genes and genomes! My eyes sped through his thesis and stopped when I heard someone clear their throat, well two persons. I looked up to see two men, one of which I recognized as Charles Xavier but I didn't know the taller man with short brown hair. "Hello. My name is Charles Xavier but by looking at your expression, you already know who I am." Charles shook my trembling hand as I nodded. The taller man then reached out his hand, "Eric Lensher." "Nora Harrison."I said as I shook his hand. Charles and Eric sat down on both sides of me, causing me to be sandwiched in between them both. Eric looked over at my screen, "I see you're interested in mutant genes." I nodded as I pulled up one of my other papers of Charles' and I skimmed over it, "I've been researching more and more about them. I find the DNA structure of the mutant X gene fascinating." Charles looked over at Eric and then back at me while biting his lip, "You do?"I nodded again and a thought suddenly came into my mind, "Umm.. If you two don't mind me asking but why are two men like yourselves sitting next to an ordinary girl like me and talking about mutant genes?" Charles sighed, "Look, I'm pretty sure you're interested in genes because you want to find a way to control yours. You are a mutant right?" I stood up and looked back at the two men sitting on the bench waiting for my answer. I exhaled and searched for anything metal that was on them. I found a metal watch and pulled it off Charles' wrist with a flick of my hand, "I control metal." Charles smiled, "Well, we have a school that helps people like you Nora. Do you want to give it a shot?" I looked at Charles, then Eric, and then Charles' still-floating watch, "O-Ok. I mean, why not?" Eric looked at Charles and smiled. Charles then placed two fingers to my temple and all went black.

I sat back in the seat of Charles' car and closed my eyes as I listened into what Charles and Eric were saying. "What do you think of her? Nora I mean." Charles asked Eric. "I don't know Charles. I don't think we should trust her. She seems like she is hiding something from us. What about you?" Charles sighed, "I don't know either Eric. The thing is, I SHOULD be able to read her mind since she can control metal like you but..." "But what?" "I can't read her mind Eric. She has to be a telepath too." "That's impossible Charles..." Eric was cut off by a sharp piercing noise in his head, "Stop it Charles!" "It isn't me!" They then turned around to see me tossing and turning in my sleep due to a nightmare. As the noise intensified, Charles attempted to shake me awake, "Nora! Nora whatever you are doing stop!" My eyes peeled open to see Charles and Eric staring at me with pain in their eyes. Charles sighed, "You're hiding something from us aren't you Nora?" I looked down at the floor of the car and nodded, "I-I don't just control metal Charles. I-I can do anything and everything imaginable." Eric was the first to act confused, "What do you mean Nora?" I rolled my eyes, "I can read minds, control metal and heck, I can even fly! I basically have every single mutation in my blood." Charles looked in awe, "So that's why I can't read your mind!" I nodded, "Unless I want you too. And between us three, nobody would like to journey down that road." Eric waved his hand in front of a gate that held a large mansion, "Welcome home."

Hi Guys! I hope you will like this new book that I will hopefully make into a series. Remember to star and share!
(Picture is of Nora) :)