My Nightmares

As soon as we all finished dinner, I ran at supersonic speeds back to my room. I shut the door with a loud bang and flopped face-first onto my bed. I then changed from my normal clothes to a pair of light blue pajamas and turned on a lamp so I could read before bed. When I started on the first page of the novel, I heard muffled footsteps coming up the staircase and into rooms. There were also voices outside too. Mostly people saying their goodnights and see-you-in-the-mornings but I heard Hank's voice in particular, "I wonder how she has so many mutations? I mean, its unnatural even for a mutant to have two powers but to have nearly all of them? That's just amazing." "That could also be very dangerous to her and us Hank," I heard Havoc sigh, "I mean, did you hear what she did in her sleep during her car ride here? She created a high pitch noise in both Eric's and Charles' minds without even thinking about it! She could be dangerous." I dropped my book on the bed and placed my hands over my mouth to prevent myself from gasping. I should of known that at least one of them would be afraid of me! I didn't want them to be though. A few tears stained my cheeks as I laid down to go to sleep. That, thankfully, came all too easy.

**Raven's P.O.V**

I stepped into my room and changed into my pajamas thinking about Nora. She must be overwhelmed with her mutation. It must be harder to hide it from people than it is with me. Then again, I WANT to hid my mutation from other humans. I transformed from the blonde girl into my true blue form. I sighed and laid down in my bed waiting for sleep to overtake me. It seemed as soon as sleep started to come, an ear-splitting noise rattled through my brain. What was this coming from? I launched out of my bed and tried to think of what was happening. I had heard earlier in the night from Havoc what Nora did when she had a nightmare in the car over here. Could this be happening again? I opened the door and went out into the hallway to see Charles bounding down the hall towards Nora's room. "What's happening?" I whisper-yelled to him. "She's having another nightmare no doubt from her remembering her mother getting killed by Shaw." He growled as he opened the door and attempted to wake up Nora. I went inside to see Nora tossing and turning mumbling in her sleep, "No! Don't hurt them! Please, take me with you instead! GET AWAY FROM CHARLES!" When she finished yelling, Charles and I looked at each other. "She's having a dream about me?" He whispered. I nodded and shook her shoulder, "Nora! Wake up!"

**Nora's P.O.V**

I woke with a start to see Charles and Raven (in her blue form) staring down at me with concerned looks. "Is this a normal nightmare of yours?" Raven asked. I nodded, "I dreamed that Shaw was killing my mother again and when I refused to show him my powers, he brought out all of you and lined you up in a row. He shot Havoc first, then Hank, then Banshee, and then he stopped. He looked back at me and then at you Raven and, despite my protests, shot you. Then he shot Eric and left Charles for last. Then Shaw said to me, "I'll give you till the count of five or else he dies." That was the same thing he said to my mother and I before she was killed. Then he aimed the gun at Charles' head and before he shot I grabbed him by the throat and threw him into a void of darkness.Then as I looked back, Charles was dead and bleeding out right it front of me. Then I woke up to see you guys." Before Charles and Raven could react, I changed into black jeans and a silver shirt and sped out of the hallway leaving everyone else in my dust.