Lovers

I stood inside Charles' study frozen in front of Charles. He just said that he loved me! Me, of all the people of the world. I buried my head into his chest and hugged him. He hugged back and stroked my hair slowly as some of my tears came out of my eyes. "How can you love me?" I sniffed, "I'm different. I could freeze up at any moment and stay that way for months, maybe even years! I would leave you alone." He lifted my chin with his index finger, "That's exactly why I love you Nora. You're the most unique and exquisite human being I've ever known. As for the freezing up, I would wait for centuries for you to wake up." I slowly leaned in closer to him and our lips met. My arms tightened and circled around his neck. He pressed his hand against the small of my back, making no empty space between us present. My hands untangled themselves from his neck and traveled down to his chest to lean even more into the kiss. It was then that we heard a knock from the door, it was Raven, "Charles? Can I talk to you for a second?" Reluctantly, I broke the kiss and I opened the door, "Oh, hi Raven! I was just going. Charles is in there if you need him." She smiled and nodded, "Thanks Nora. See you in the morning." I walked up the stairs and back to my room. As I laid down to go to sleep, I overheard Raven talking to Charles, "Charles, I used to think it was going to be you and me against the world. But no matter how bad the world gets, you don't want to be against it, do you? You want to be a part of it."

*Charles' P.O.V*

After Raven left the study, I stood there in shock. I didn't want to be a part of the bad side of the world, I only wanted to give mutants a brighter future! I rubbed my temples and sighed. And here I thought that Hank was finding a solution to her "cosmetic problem". I went out of my study and up the grand staircase wondering why Raven thought that way. Was it Eric putting these thoughts and ideals into her mind or are they coming from herself? All these thoughts swirling in my head were put to the side when I saw Nora in her room reading. Even though I couldn't access the inside of her mind, I felt a feeling of unease radiating off of her. "Are you okay?" I asked. She shook her head, "I read Eric's mind the other day when I gave you both a memory projection. I saw what Shaw did to him and what he is going to do to him when he finds him. He had so much pain that it killed me inside to read his mind." I sat down next to her on her bed and she laid her head on my right shoulder. "Everything will work out Nora. You will be fine, WE will be fine." I reassured her as she set down her book on the nearby nightstand. She smiled, "Thank you Charles. I never got to say this in the study but..." "But what?" I looked into her dark brown eyes. Her smile grew, "I.. I love you Charles Francis Xavier." I blinked, "How did you know my middle name?" She pointed to her head and laid her head back on my shoulder. I kissed the top of her head and my lips traveled down her head to her ear and then to her neck. She moved in front of me and then kissed me full on the lips. She shrugged off my vest and unbuttoned a few of my shirt buttons. "Are you sure?" I whispered. She nodded and kissed me even more.

*The Next Morning*
*Nora's P.O.V*

I woke up the next morning in Charles' arms. I realized that he was still asleep due to his rhythmic breathing and heartbeat. I rolled to my side and faced Charles who still hadn't stirred. I never had seen Charles this relaxed and calm before. He usually had either a stern look on his face or, every now and then, a genuine smile. He must of sensed that I was staring at him because he opened one eye, "Morning love. No nightmares last night?" I smiled, "Morning. No nightmares." I nuzzled my head into his bare chest and he placed his chin on my head. We stayed like this for a few minutes without needing to speak before Charles broke the silence, "Something's up. I don't feel Hank's mind in the mansion." My calm relaxed face turned into a concerned look, "He isn't in the perimeter of the mansion?" He shook his head. I quickly changed into a red long shirt and black jeans as Charles changed into his normal grey suit. "We have to tell the others." I bit my lower lip as I closed the door to the room when Charles and I left my room. When we went down the hallway to Hank's room, we saw Eric, Raven, Banshee, Havoc, and Moria, a CIA agent that worked with Eric and Charles that I didn't really meet standing out in front of his room. The door had scratch marks on it and some parts of the wall were splitters. What happened to Hank?