The Decision

*Nora's P.O.V*

I teleported out of the submarine after the coin passed through Shaw's head. My head was still throbbing from the pain that it costed to hold Shaw in place. I didn't know that I teleported into a battle scene until I was thrusted against the wall by a man with black hair that had tornadoes flying out of his hands. The tornadoes threw me against the wall again and again as I screamed, "HANK! HAVOC! CHARLES! SOMEBODY!" It was no sooner than a few seconds when the tornado man was throwing me against the wall he was now against the wall and unconscious. I looked up to see my savior was Havoc and another man that seemed familiar. "D-Dad?" I wheezed. "I'm here sweetie. I knew that these men would help you master your mutations. Your mother knew more than I did though." My dad slightly cooed to me as Havoc helped me up to my feet while asking, "Are you okay? Where's Eric?" His questions were answered by Eric's booming voice coming out of the submarine, "Today, our fighting stops!" He is floating out of the submarine with a dead, limp Shaw. I stared at Eric in complete shock,he actually killed Shaw. "Take off your blinders, brothers and sisters. The real enemy is out there. I feel their guns moving in the water, their metal targeting us. Americans, Soviets, humans." Eric looked at me and my father when he said the last sentence. "United in their fear of the unknown. The Neanderthal is running scared, my fellow mutants! Go ahead, Charles. Tell me I'm wrong." He nodded to Charles, who desperately searched the Navy's soldiers' minds for an answer. His hand fell from his temple and he shook his head. It was then that all of the missiles from both the Russians and the Americans were fired at us. Eric simply lifted his hand and all of the missiles came to a stop in mid-air. "It's him.." I heard my father whisper, "My son..." Charles turned to Eric who was staring at the missiles intently, "Eric, you said yourself, we're the better men. This is the time to prove it. There are thousands of men on those ships. Good, honest, innocent men! They're just following orders." I then realized what Charles had said, and so did Eric, "I've been at the mercy of men just following orders. Never again." It was then that Eric began pushing the rockets towards the naval fleets. "Erik, release them!" Charles growled as he pushed Eric to the side.
"No! I don't want to hurt you. Don't make me!" Eric growled back and threw Charles to the ground.
"Stand back!" He threw Hank, Havoc, and Banshee at the submarine.
"Charles, that's enough!" He stood up.
"Erik, stop!" Moira yelled as she pulled out her gun. She shot a few rounds which Eric deflected easily. One of the rounds hit my Dad in the stomach. "NO!" I screamed. I ran to his side right as he fell and I caught hs head in my lap, "No. D-Dad I'm sorry..." He smiled, "It's okay love. Just tell Eric I'm sorry for leaving him. I-I love you..." His eyes turned cloudy and lifeless. A waterfall of tears flooded from my eyes, "N-No... Dad! Please don't leave me..." I then heard another yelp of pain, this time it was from Charles. Before I could get to him, Eric beat me to Charles' side. Moira stood next to him whispering, "I'm so sorry." Eric looked up at her, "I said back off! You. You did this." He grabbed her by her army dog tags, choking her.
"Erik. Please." She whispered in a plea.
"She didn't do this, Erik. You did." Charles sighed as he look up at Eric.
"Us turning on each other, it's what they want. I tried to warn you, Charles. I want you by my side.We're brothers, you and I. All of us together, protecting each other. We want the same thing." Eric attempted to convince Charles of his cause.
Charles shook his head, "My friend. I'm sorry, but we do not."
Eric stood up and left Charles laying in the sand, "This society won't accept us. We form our own. The humans have played their hand. Now we get ready to play ours. Who's with me?" Eric turned to Raven, "No more hiding." She looked at me, then Eric, then Charles. "You should go with him. It's what you want." Charles told her as she walked by him.
She sighed, "You promised me you would never read my mind."
"I know." He frowned, "I promised you a great many things, I'm afraid."
Raven then turned to Hank, "Take care of him. And, Beast, never forget. Mutant and proud."
Raven walked up to me and hugged me tight. As I let her go I whispered to her, "If you ever need anything, you can find me here." I placed my index finger to her temple and showed her a location in the woods. She nodded, "I'll see you soon my friend." Eric then turned his gaze to me, "Are you with me Nora?" I walked up to him and kissed his cheek. I stepped back and pointed to the dead body of my father, our father, "How could I go with the man that killed OUR father. Take care of Raven Eric." He reached out a hand to me but I refused it. "Are you coming with us then? With Charles?" Banshee asked as I turned to their side. I squatted down next to Charles and pecked his lip, "I love you. Never forget that." He squinted his eyes, "Aren't you coming with us?" I paused for a moment, then I shook my head, "I can't go to one side without hurting the other. Besides," I said while standing up, "You'll know where to find me if you need me." Eric sighed and then teleported away from the island with the help of a man with red skin. Before I teleported to my known destination, I looked at Charles one last time and sent him a thought, Into the Woods.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's the end of Mutant Beyond Compare! I WILL make this book into a series so don't worry about Nora and the other mutants. I will also add an epilogue and a few more chapters that will tie into the next book(s). Thank you for reading this book and remember to comment, like, and share!