X-Training

I arrived back at the mansion right as everyone was waking up. I had been out all night thinking about what had happened with Charles. For once in my life I had someone who card for me more than as a friend. In simple terms, he was my first serious relationship besides my limited number of family members. I opened the door to see Raven walking down the staircase dressed in sweatpants and a black t-shirt. "Hey Raven..." I mumbled. She ran up to me and squeezed me tight, "Where have you been all night? I didn't see you after you ran out of your room." "I-I was out on a walk for the rest of the night and I might of kissed Charles." I blushed as Havoc and Hank came down the stairs in similar wear as Raven. Raven smirked and shook her head, "Knew it was going to happen sometime soon. He talks about you all the time." "Who talks about who all the time?" I heard Hank ask. I blushed a tomato-red,"N-Nothing Hank!" He smiled and rolled his eyes. The last to come down were Charles and Eric muttering to each other secretively. They walked straight past all of us and into the main study. "What was that about?" I heard Sean whisper. I shrugged, "That could be anything from talking about how we could capture Shaw to what they are going to have for breakfast." Raven laughed but covered her mouth as soon as Charles stepped out of the study with Eric shortly after.

"Today, we are going to start training in harnessing our mutations to our limits and breaking those barriers. After you all eat, meet Eric and I in the front." We nodded and I sped into the kitchen. "Not fair!" I heard Sean yell after I sped past him. I grabbed a bagel and ate it quickly. So quick in fact, that when I was almost finished, everyone had just grabbed their breakfasts. So I took this small amount to think about how I would train. No doubt that Charles and Eric would have suggestions for everyone else's training but I was a strange mutant all together. I could do everything that they could do and then some more. I sighed as soon as everyone finished and grabbed Sean as an act of revenge, "You want to see super-speed for yourself? Consider this as payback." I grabbed his head tightly as he asked, "What's that for?" "So you don't get whiplash." I smiled. "What?" My voice cracked. I rolled my eyes, "Wh..ip...laaaaash." 

**Sean's P.O.V**

As soon as Nora grabbed me by the head, I knew that super-speed wasn't as fun as it had previously seemed. "What's that for?" I asked before my voice almost cracked from fear. "So you don't get whiplash." She said with a smile. I looked at her funny, "What?" She rolled her eyes, "Wh..ip..laaaaash." Before I could open my mouth to protest more, she and I sped through the mansion and passed the front doors. I attempted to squeak out a word or two but I couldn't move as we sped past Charles and Eric. When she let me go, we were in front of the mansion and in front of Charles and Eric. Correction, a very distorted version of Charles and Eric. I clutched my head because I was so dizzy, "Note to self, never EVER give Nora the chance to have revenge on me." She laughed as she helped me up, "Then never make fun of my speed or this might happen again."

**Nora's P.O.V**

When everyone came back, Eric spoke first, "Today you will begin stretching your mutations to the limits. If you have any questions about how you should train, ask me or Charles." We nodded once more and everyone went off with a training plan in their heads. I, of course, had no clue on how I would train my limitless powers. "You could start with metal if you want." Charles said from behind me which made me jump. "You have GOT to stop reading my mind." I sighed. He smiled and walked off to talk to Hank about something. I glanced over at Eric, "I might need a little help with the metal mutation if you wouldn't mind helping me." He nodded and showed me to a nearby satellite, "I want you to try to move it." I gulped, "I've never moved anything that big Eric. I've only done objects as big as watches." He bit his lip, "Just try. It won't hurt anything." I sighed dramatically and placed my right hand in front of me, "Here goes nothing." I stretched out my fingers and concentrated on the satellite. I felt the beads of sweat form on my forehead as I attempted to will my hand to move the metal. For a small span of time and based by Eric's surprised expression, it felt like the metal was moving towards me. I pressed harder only to have my vision become bordered with black spots. As I attempted to move the satellite, I realized this was just like with Shaw. All I want you to do, Nova, is move the coin. A new energy pulsed through me as I moved the satellite successfully. My hand dropped and I fell to my knees. Eric rushed to my side, "Nora! What's wrong?" I bit my toungue hard as the memories flooded back into my brain, "I moved the satellite the wrong way." He looked at me funny, "What do you mean? You moved it perfectly the first time!" I shook my head as I stood up and rubbed the tears from my eyes, "I did it the WRONG way Eric. I used my anger of Shaw to move it. I don't want my powers to be driven by hate. I-I just can't turn out like him." Before Eric could comfort me, I sank back to my knees and sobbed into my hands. I couldn't be Shaw or else my mother's death would be in vain.